Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park
Tours for Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park
About Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park, Miami
Located in Key Biscayne, the park is an ideal getaway from the fast paced city life of Miami. The park is named in honour of Bill Baggs who was the editor of the Miami News and died in 1969. The park is known for its 1-mile stretch of pristine beach, several picnic pavilions and historical lighthouse. The view from the lighthouse is quite charming and worth the hike. There are several activities that take place here like fishing, canoeing, kayaking and boating. It is also possible to go biking and hiking around the park area. The picnic facilities available here are extremely comfortable and available for large and small groups. There is also a visitor centre and museum with interesting exhibits here. There is boat camping allowed in No Name Harbour and a campsite for organized groups.
Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park Information
- Visitors are responsible for leaving the pavilion and grounds in the same condition as it was when they arrived.
- Bring your own fishing and swimming gear.
- Restroom facilities are available.
- There are 2 onsite restaurants that serve food and cold drinks.
Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park Tickets Prices
- Admission Fee- $8.00 per vehicle. Limit 2-8 people per vehicle.
- $4.00 Single-occupant vehicle or motorcycle.
- $2.00 Pedestrians, bicyclists, extra passengers, passengers in vehicle with holder of Annual Individual Entrance Pass.
- Picnic Pavilion Fees: $100.00 plus tax per day- 15 pavilions with six picnic tables that accommodate 40 people.
- $150.00 plus tax per day- three large pavilions with 10 tables that accommodate 80 people.
- $15.00 per day- Electricity is available at the large shelters.
- $50.00 cleaning fee that may be assessed if the shelter and immediate vicinity is not cleaned prior to the group leaving.
Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park Opening and Closing Hours
- Closing times vary depending on the season and time of sunset.
How To Get To Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park by Public Transport
- Bus Stop: Crandon Bd@Cape Fla State PK
Restaurants Near Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park
- The Lighthouse Cafe
- Boater’s Grill
- Sir Pizza
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Miami before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Miami and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: 1200 S. Crandon Boulevard, Key Biscayne, Florida 33149
Ticket Price: 2 USD
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 8K times in trip plans
Museum, Light House, Park, Camp, Hiking Trail, Biking Trail, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Picnic Spot
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park Tickets And Tours
Miami is a melting pot of Latin American cultures – combine that with South Florida's restaurant offerings that run the gamut from five-star gourmet restaurants to holes-in-the-wall, and you have an incredible food scene that's as varied as the communities that make up the area. On the South Beach Food and Culture Walking Tour, your guide will offer insight on the food you’ll eat, the restaurants you’ll visit and the neighborhoods you’ll explore. Use this walking tour to get to know Miami by walking its streets and eating its local cuisine.
Discover Miami, its beautiful beaches and distinctive neighborhoods on this hop-on hop-off tour--the perfect way to get around and see it all! Enjoy the beautiful weather and 360-degree views from open-top double-decker buses. Choose from one or two days and tour Miami's most popular sites such as South Beach and Little Havana. For the complete Miami experience, upgrade and add the Biscayne Bay Cruise to enjoy Miami Beach and Fisher Island from the water.
Experience panoramic views of lush vegetation teeming with wildlife as you venture deep into the interior of the Florida tropical wetlands on a Miami Everglades Airboat Adventure. Explore the wilderness as you glide through the water, learning about the areaâs complex ecosystem and history with narration from your bilingual airboat captain and guide. As part of your swamp tour, score an up-close look at wetland reptiles during an alligator wildlife show, and wander through jungle trails filled with crocodilian exhibits before you return to your airboat. Round-trip transport from Miami is included.
Enjoy a small group experience and escape the tourist trap restaurants like locals do. The South Beach Food Tour is a culinary tour that will enhance your knowledge about the history, architecture and social movements of Miami. You will get to try mouthwatering dishes in 5 restaurants and let expert local tour guides take you through the Art Deco District and tell you the story of how Miami has risen from a peripheral town to the worlds most exciting tourist destination. Get to know Miami like a local in just 3-hours of walking around the neighborhoods.
Share your experience - Rate Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park, Miami
I loved it here! Definitely a nice escape from other noisy Florida beaches. No drunk people or party animals. This beach was just a nice, calm, and quiet place with waves, sand, and a beautiful landscape that had tons of nature to offer. It was very quiet and clean. It costs $8 per car to get in but if you're a disabled veteran you can get in for free.
“Beach.. Sun.. White sand...all near to lighthouse. What a postcard scene.” It's in Key Biscayne area, 20-25 miles from Miami. $8 is the fee for entering in the island. There are 2 islands near to Miami, Virginia key and Key Biscayne. White sand... Calm and peace... Soothing waves... less crowd- scenic beauty... Palm trees at the beach making it more beautiful. Perfect picture scene. Water is clear and looks greenish under sunlight making it desirable. asking you to come, have fun in the water... Shower facility is there at the beach and its clean. This is not very popular or big- wide beach like other Miami beach..but it has its own charm... Less crowded... Nearby grilling machine... Come with your stuff. Grill meats... Do fishing... It's all picnic and all in and around the beach... Shore area is small but enough to have fun. Very clean… Water is clear Take pic having a lighthouse in the background.
Great to get away! Nice picnic areas, natural beach. However... If you're going to swim near the jetties, please read the sign. Watched two people almost seriously drown. They were very fortunate a jet ski was right offshore that was willing to help.
Amazing park with a great wildlife and a beautiful lighthouse. Nice Picknick Area available and some nice trails to walk and a beautiful beach. Lots and lots of parking so you don’t have to walk long distances. Grills are available and can be used for free. A nice place to stay and enjoy Mother Nature.
Now still recovering from hurricane damage. But it was and will be a great park/beach. The lighthouse and buildings are interesting. Nice view of famous Stiltsville too.
- Nearby Attractions
- Mango's Tropical Cafe, Restaurant And Nightclub
- Vizcaya Musuem And Gardens
- Michael's Genuine Food And Drink
- Key West
- Lowe Art Museum
- Gator Park
- The Bazaar By Jose Andres
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
- Zoological Wildlife Foundation
- Miami-dade County Fair And Exposition
- Hotels Near Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park
- Hotels Near Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park
- 5 Star Hotels Near Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park
- Budget Hotels Near Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park
- Cheap Hotels Near Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park
- Luxury Hotels Near Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park
- Miami Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Miami
- 2 Days in Miami
- 3 Days in Miami
- 4 Days in Miami
- 5 Days in Miami
- 6 Days in Miami
- 7 Days in Miami