Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park642 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: 1200 S. Crandon Boulevard, Key Biscayne, Florida 33149, Miami, United States
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3053618779
- Ticket Price: 2 USD
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Light House, Park, Camp, Hiking Trail, Biking Trail, Water Sport, Picnic Spot
Located in Key Biscayne, the park is an ideal getaway from the fast paced city life of Miami. The park is named in honour of Bill Baggs who was the editor of the Miami News and died in 1969. The park is known for its 1-mile stretch of pristine beach, several picnic pavilions and historical lighthouse. The view from the lighthouse is quite charming and worth the hike. There are several activities that take place here like fishing, canoeing, kayaking and boating. It is also possible to go biking and hiking around the park area. The picnic facilities available here are extremely comfortable and available for large and small groups. There is also a visitor centre and museum with interesting exhibits here. There is boat camping allowed in No Name Harbour and a campsite for organized groups.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Miami itinerary 7 days.
Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park Travel Tips
- Visitors are responsible for leaving the pavilion and grounds in the same condition as it was when they arrived.
- Bring your own fishing and swimming gear.
- Restroom facilities are available.
- There are 2 onsite restaurants that serve food and cold drinks.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park
- Admission Fee- $8.00 per vehicle. Limit 2-8 people per vehicle.
- $4.00 Single-occupant vehicle or motorcycle.
- $2.00 Pedestrians, bicyclists, extra passengers, passengers in vehicle with holder of Annual Individual Entrance Pass.
- Picnic Pavilion Fees: $100.00 plus tax per day- 15 pavilions with six picnic tables that accommodate 40 people.
- $150.00 plus tax per day- three large pavilions with 10 tables that accommodate 80 people.
- $15.00 per day- Electricity is available at the large shelters.
- $50.00 cleaning fee that may be assessed if the shelter and immediate vicinity is not cleaned prior to the group leaving.
Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park Hours
- Closing times vary depending on the season and time of sunset.
How to Reach Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park
- Bus Stop: Crandon Bd@Cape Fla State PK
- The Lighthouse Cafe
- Boater’s Grill
- Sir Pizza
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Miami before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Miami and book an accommodation of your choice.
6.24% of people who visit Miami include Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
43.48% of people start their Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park
Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park Reviews & Ratings
A great place to relax with family or friends. The fare is $ 8. Here I really like the sand - it is small as in the Maldives. Also on this territory you can climb the lighthouse, from it an incredible view of the ocean. In another part of the island there is a picnic area and with beautiful views flooded. It is so quiet and calm, I want to come back here again and again. You can rent bicycles and rickshaws at great prices.
I totally love this place. In my opinion, there is more fun thing to do than another beach in Miami. It’s easy to find a parking spot. You will not only just go to the water and chill. You will be able to take a light house tour or just walk up to the top of lighthouse to see the view. You will see the whole beach and downtown Miami which is very very cool. Also they have a little old house to see. It was kinda museum. I had a really great time there. I definitely recommend you guys to try it. I paid for $8 per vehicle. It worth it!!
A good place to walk and swim with family. An entrance is $10 for car. An umbrella and 2 beach chairs for $20. There is a cafe if you're hungry. We've met raccoons, iguanas and cranes. The water current is very strong! And there are seaweed on the beach.
It's nice and clean, only bad thing it's the seaweed, there's a lot but no more than Miami beach. We paid $4 just me and my child, you can bring your own food, umbrella and chairs. The sea on this beach it's nice for kids, since waves are small and sand it's softer. We had a good time.
I love to watch the sunset from here. And if you get to spend the day at the beach here, all the better! Park closes at 7:30 during the summer so plenty of time to enjoy it here. Nice break from a day's work!