Biscayne Bay National Park is located south of Miami and is an ideal place for a day trip or over night stay especially if you are a nature lover. The park offers tent camping and boat camping options. The park can only be accessed from the mainland by Dante Fascell Visitor Center. Activities offered at the park are boating, fishing, kayaking, windsurfing, snorkelling and scuba diving. The park is rich in flora and fauna and is a delight for nature lovers. It is one of the top destinations for scuba divers in the United States. The park consists of 44 island, however not all are open to tourists. The park is mostly underwater and best explored through scuba diving. The coral reef and the water are filled with marine life. Also conducted by the park, is the Maritime Heritage Trail, an underwater archaeological experience where one can see the historic shipwrecks.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Miami itinerary 5 days.
- Bring mosquito repellent and comfortable clothing.
- All camping gear necessary must be carried.
- You can bring your own boat and dock here.
- Tent Camping (6 people): $15/night
- Boat Camping: $20/night
- Biscayne National Park does not have an entrance fee, but visitors holding Senior or Access passes receive a 50% reduction on tent camping and boat camping/overnight stay fees.
- Dante Fascell Visitor Centre: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Convoy Point Visitor Centre: 7:00 am to 5:30 pm
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Miami before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Miami and book an accommodation of your choice.
2.76% of people who visit Miami include Biscayne National Park in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
80% of people start their Biscayne National Park visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Biscayne National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Biscayne National Park
People normally also visit Homestead Miami Speedway while planning their trip to Biscayne National Park.