Coral Castle5527 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 28655 S Dixie Hwy, Homestead, FL 33033, United States, 33033, Miami
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3052486345
- Fax: +1-6072561024
- Ticket Price: 15 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Castle, Family And Kids, Social, Arts, Museums
The Castle is one of the most curious things in the world. Latvian American Edward Leedskalnin, on being dumped by his fiancee, decided to focus his efforts in building this amazing piece of modern art. Over a period of twenty eight years, he hewed out 1100 tonnes of stones in the form of walls, furniture, the date and the tower. The mind-boggler is that no one knows how he did it. Secretive about his methods, he used no standard machinery that we know of, yet his carvings are incredibly precise. He used no mortar to stack his creations, yet no light passes through the gap between them. Most of the stones he used weigh 15 tonnes or more. How in the world did he move them? Constructs of note include an accurate sundial, a telescope, a barbeque, a well, a fountain and an immense eight foot tall, 8 tonne gate, so precisely balanced on ball bearings that it swung at a child’s touch. When asked how he did it, Ed replied that he “truly understood the laws of leverage” and that he’d discovered the secret of the pyramids. Coral Castle is one of the attractions in 4 Days Itinerary Miami. Must visit this awesome attraction.
Coral Castle Travel Tips
- Around them are a two-story manor tower that served as Leedskalnin's existing quarters, which structurally were dividers comprising of 8-foot high bits of stone, a precise sundial, a polaris telescope, a pillar, and a barbe.
Entrance Ticket Details For Coral Castle
- Adults (ages 13 - 64): $15.00
- Seniors (ages 65+): $12.00
- Children (ages 7 - 12): $7.00
- Children (under age 6): Free
How to Reach Coral Castle
- 28655 S Dixie Hwy
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Miami before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Miami and book an accommodation of your choice.
51.68% of people who visit Miami include Coral Castle in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
47.85% of people start their Coral Castle visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Coral Castle
94.39% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Coral Castle