How to Reach Miami, Florida
The Easiest Way to Reach Miami
HOW TO GET TO MIAMI
- By Air: The Miami International-Airport is the second busiest airport in terms of international traffic catering over 35-million people a year. The airport is passenger friendly and has ample facilities for travellers. Visitor information is available 24 hours a day at the Miami International Airport Main Visitor Counter. Visitors can also choose to fly the less busy airport of Fort Lauderdale which is close to North Miami.
- By Taxi/Van: Taxis line up in front of a dispatcher's desk outside the Miami airport's arrivals terminals. Most cabs are metered, though some have flat rates to popular destinations. A cheaper alternative to the taxi is the shuttle van which operates vans 24 hours a day to the city centre.
HOW TO GET AROUND MIAMI
The city is not shy of public transportation, since it is operated by SFRTA and Miami-Dade. You will also find commuter rails, buses and rapid transit. It is easy to travel by bus when you are in Miami, in fact they are very reliable. You can also use commuter rail and rapid transit. If you are a tourist or you want a reliable means of transport, using your own car or a rented car can also be very convenient because you will be able to get anywhere. Or the best way; you can book Miami tours to explore the "Magic City" on thier included transports.
- By Bus: The Metro-Dade Transit Agency, which maintains 740 Metrobuses on 90 routes; the 23-mile Metrorail elevated rapid-transit system; and the Metromover, an elevated light-rail system is the most convenient mode of transport in Miami. Those planning to use public transportation should get an EASY Card or EASY Ticket available at any Metrorail station and most supermarkets. Fares are discounted, and transfer fees are nominal.
- By Train: Elevated Metrorail trains run from downtown Miami north to Hialeah and south along U.S. 1 to Dadeland. The system operates daily 5:00 am to midnight. South Florida's commuter-train system, stops at 18 stations north of MIA along a 71-mile route. There's a Metrorail transfer station two stops north of MIA.
- By Cruise Ship: The Port of Miami, in downtown Miami near Bayside Marketplace and the MacArthur Causeway, justifiably bills itself as the Cruise Capital of the World. Home to eight cruise lines and the largest year-round cruise fleet in the world, the port accommodates more than 3 million passengers a year for sailings from three to 14 days and sometimes longer duration.
- By Car: There are a number of car rental facilities in Miami and you can choose between a flashy limousine to an open-hooded Mercedes with relative ease.
Are you looking for a Miami travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Miami
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Miami. The most preferred mode of transport in Miami is Car.
Average distance: 22.65 km Average time: 44.38 min
Car 89.83%Driving 42.81 min Walking 0.34 min Overall average time for 23.46 kms 43.15 min
Bike 1.69%Bike 70 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 32.19 kms 75 min
Walking 5.08%Walking 43.33 min Bike 10 min Driving 3.33 min Waiting 1.67 min Train 1.67 min Overall average time for 8.77 kms 60 min
Bus/Trolleybus 1.69%Bus 30 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 12.07 kms 32 min
How to Reach Miami from Nearby Cities
|Miami Beach to Miami||8.46 km||18 mins|
|Coral Gables to Miami||12.26 km||14 mins|
|Hollywood to Miami||32.48 km||57 mins|
|Fort Lauderdale to Miami||52 km||50 mins|
|Coconut Creek to Miami||57.79 km||57 mins|
|Port Saint Lucie to Miami||153.69 km||1 hour 35 mins|
|Naples to Miami||182.48 km||2 hours 35 mins|
|Fort Myers to Miami||267.38 km||2 hours 30 mins|
|Melbourne to Miami||379.45 km||2 hours 51 mins|
|Sarasota to Miami||386.94 km||4 hours 55 mins|
- How to reach Fort Lauderdale
- How to reach Key Largo
- How to reach Clewiston
- How to reach Marathon
- How to reach Naples
- How to reach Fort Myers
- How to reach Los Angeles
- How to reach New York City
- How to reach Chicago
- How to reach Las Vegas
- How to reach San Francisco
- How to reach Seattle
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach London
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach Barcelona