Miami Children's MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: 980 MacArthur Causeway, Miami, FL 33132, United States, 33132
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3053735437
- Fax: +1-3053735431
- Ticket Price: 20 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Children Museums, Family And Kids, Social, Arts, Museums
The Miami Children’s Museum is located on Watson Island. It has 14 interactive and fun exhibits that offer kids a hands-on learning experience. They also have a KidSmart gift shop, preschool classrooms, a learning and resource centre that all focus on fostering knowledge and interest on art, culture and community. The various activities and exhibits are:
- Castle of Dreams: A two-story sandcastle with sands from around the world.
- Bank: A six-foot piggy bank teaching kids how to save, spend and earn money.
- Health & Wellness Centre: Focussed on healthy habits for healthy living.
- Pet Central: Kids learn about pet care and can even pick a pet.
- Safety Zone: Teaches kids about the police, fire fighters and other protectors in society.
- Supermarket: Shop for ingredients and fruits and checkout at the counter.
- Meet Miami: Explore different neighbourhoods and cultures of Miami.
- The Sea and Me: Water play especially for young kids.
- Ocean Odyssey: Mysteries of the ocean in a 900-gallon marine tank.
- Everglades Park: Explore the everglades with its alligators and ospreys.
- You and Me and Teddy Bears Too: Teddy bear displays and workshop with a moral focus.
- Port of Miami: The inner workings of a port.
- Cruise Ship: Experience a cruise ship’s working and navigation.
- All About Art: Kids can create their own masterpieces.
- World Music Studio: Musical instruments, recording studio and a look into different genres of music.
- Mt. MiChiMu : An indoor rock-climbing experience.
- Seth’s Construction Zone: Play with and understand how different building equipment’s work.
Miami Children's Museum is one of the attractions in 2 Days Itinerary Miami. Must visit this awesome attraction.
- There are no adults allowed in the Museum without children.
- No children allowed without adults (18 and over).
- Parking rates are $1/hour, seven days a week.
- Adult: $20
- Florida Residents: $15
- Children under 1: Free
- Bus stop: Mac Arthur CY@Watson Island
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Miami before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Miami and book an accommodation of your choice.
65.06% of people who visit Miami include Miami Children's Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
62.64% of people start their Miami Children's Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Miami Children's Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Miami Children's Museum
There isn't enough parking spots when you arrive. The security being that it's a child's museum needs to be improved. The options for the kids are very limited and basic. It's a definitely a fun place to reserve for a private party but on any other day definitely a free park would be better choice. Service is great and really friendly.
This is more like a giant playground to the kids. A lot of interactive activities to stimulate their senses and creativity. During the day different attractions and classes with the local staff to entertain the children. They also have a few party rooms, an outdoor regular playground, a couple of payed activities like indoor climbing and the wind tunnel. My two daughters love this place. The reasons I don't give 5 starts is they should have a better and faster maintenance since there are so many attendees daily and also charge less for adult tickets, since we are there only to watch the kids, not to use it regularly.
I took my daughter here on 12/5/18. First adult tickets should at least be less since I am there to watch my daughter have a good time. Its pretty small It looked a lot bigger online. Some stuff on the playground was broken. I wanted to do something fun for my daughter which she had some fun. I would probably bring my daughter back if I am in town again but only if adult tickets get reduced at most. I went on a weekday day not busy at all. Also seems that they are building more. Also you could add an area for toddlers that would be great.
2 hours worth of exhibits and fun. I chaperoned my daughter's field trip and the kids were in this place running wild. There was so much to do and staff was very attentive. We had Subway for lunch and although the gift shop is a little pricey they had lots of cute souvenirs.
Get the family membership if you live local! The museum is ahhmazzing! Plenty of great hands on exhibits and exclusive events for members. If your child can walk they will love it plus its indoors to beat the rain and heat. I take my little one there early on the weekends when the crowd is lighter.