Miccosukee Indian VillageCurrently Closed
- Address: Mile Marker 35 U.S. 41, Miami, FL 33194, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3055528365
- Ticket Price: 10 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Outdoors, Family And Kids, Arts And Crafts
About Miccosukee Indian Village, Miami
This surviving Miccosukee Indian Village showcases the life and culture of the tribe. There is a wide range of displays and demonstrations that highlight the art and craftwork of the people. You will find fine examples of woodcarving, patchwork, beadwork, basket weaving and doll making. There is also a museum and gift shop where you can buy these items and jewellery. They conduct gator shows and airboat tours through the “River of Grass” where one can get up close with the formidable alligators that thrive in the region. Do check out the Miccosukee Restaurant that serves up delicacies from the tribal cuisine like fry bread, pumpkin bread, Everglades frog legs, ‘gator’ and catfish, as well as, standard American cuisine. Visitors also get a chance to see the dwellings of the tribe. The annual Tribal Festive is held here at Miccosukee Indian Village every year in December.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Miami itinerary 1 day.
Miccosukee Indian Village Information
- The airboat ride is 30 minutes and includes a 10-minute stop at an authentic hammock-style Indian Camp.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes fit for the outdoors.
Miccosukee Indian Village Ticket Prices
- Alligator Shows Cost: $12.00 Adults, $6.00 Children (6-12), 5 & under Free
- Airboat Rides Cost: Adults $20.00, Children $12.00 (6-12), 5 & under Free
- Private Tours on Smaller Airboats: 35 MIN: Adults $45.00, Children $15.00 (6-12), 5 & under Free
- 1 HOUR: Adults $55.00, Children $20.00 (6-12), 5 & under Free
Miccosukee Indian Village Opening and Closing Hours
- Village & Airboats are open daily: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Miccosukee Indian Village Guided Tours: 10:30 am, 11:30 am, 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 3:30 pm
- Alligator Shows: 11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 3:00 pm, 4:00 pm
- Restaurant is open daily: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
How To reach Miccosukee Indian Village by Public Transport
- Rented Car/Taxi
Restaurants Near Miccosukee Indian Village
- Miccosukee Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Miami before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Miami and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Miccosukee Indian Village
3.95% of people who visit Miami include Miccosukee Indian Village in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
46.65% of people start their Miccosukee Indian Village visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Miccosukee Indian Village
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Miccosukee Indian Village
Miccosukee Indian Village Map
Miccosukee Indian Village Trips
Miccosukee Indian Village, Miami Reviews
This Indian village will show you how this tribe use to live in the Everglades. There is also a Gator wrestler that is not really afraid of the big ones! If you'r lucky, you'll get to pet a baby gator too! Kids love this place! Overall a good place to visit with children
The drive along alligator alley was scenic, saw a variety of wildlife on our way to the Miccosukee Indian Village. Plenty of parking especially for the handicap. Loved their arts and crafts booth's, they are skilled artisans, so many beautiful wood carvings, and beaded jewelry and native clothing. My favorite as a foodie was the Indian fry bread especially the pumpkin fry bread, deliciously soft, prepared and cooked right in front of you. The alligator show was spectacular, it had you holding your breath as the young man entered the water with them, and started the show at the same time as he informed you how they are one on one with nature. Great for the family!
Fantastic place to visit. Guided tour of the place which the lady gave us all the details about how this tribe came about and it's traditions. See a number of wild gators on route and also out the back.
Loved the gator show which was both entertaining and a good learning lesson. After the show it was possible to hold a young gator - pretty cool! The village looks very nice, it's well maintained. Staff here was very friendly. Big kudos to the two guys at the show.
John was my brothers and I airboat captain and he was amazing . He truly cares about conserving the eco system, the Miccosukee Indians history and present , drove very carefully in the waters (unlike some other companies captains who scare off wildlife ) and was so knowledgeable. We came today (4/19/18) and the weather was perfect . John is not Native American but the respect he has for the tribe and land is highly respected. Beautiful museum and very friendly staff . Bless the Miccosukee ❤️
All QuestionsMiccosukee indian village
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal