Miccosukee Indian Village, MiamiCurrently Closed
- Address: Mile Marker 35 U.S. 41, Miami, FL 33194, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3055528365
- Ticket Price: 10 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Outdoors, Food And Drinks, Family And Kids
About Miccosukee Indian Village, Miami
This surviving Miccosukee Indian Village showcases the life and culture of the tribe. There is a wide range of displays and demonstrations that highlight the art and craftwork of the people. You will find fine examples of woodcarving, patchwork, beadwork, basket weaving and doll making. There is also a museum and gift shop where you can buy these items and jewellery. They conduct gator shows and airboat tours through the “River of Grass” where one can get up close with the formidable alligators that thrive in the region. Do check out the Miccosukee Restaurant that serves up delicacies from the tribal cuisine like fry bread, pumpkin bread, Everglades frog legs, ‘gator’ and catfish, as well as, standard American cuisine. Visitors also get a chance to see the dwellings of the tribe. The annual Tribal Festive is held here at Miccosukee Indian Village every year in December.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Miami itinerary 1 day.
Miccosukee Indian Village Information
- The airboat ride is 30 minutes and includes a 10-minute stop at an authentic hammock-style Indian Camp.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes fit for the outdoors.
Miccosukee Indian Village Ticket Prices
- Alligator Shows Cost: $12.00 Adults, $6.00 Children (6-12), 5 & under Free
- Airboat Rides Cost: Adults $20.00, Children $12.00 (6-12), 5 & under Free
- Private Tours on Smaller Airboats: 35 MIN: Adults $45.00, Children $15.00 (6-12), 5 & under Free
- 1 HOUR: Adults $55.00, Children $20.00 (6-12), 5 & under Free
Miccosukee Indian Village Opening and Closing Hours
- Village & Airboats are open daily: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Miccosukee Indian Village Guided Tours: 10:30 am, 11:30 am, 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 3:30 pm
- Alligator Shows: 11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 3:00 pm, 4:00 pm
- Restaurant is open daily: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Restaurants Near Miccosukee Indian Village
- Miccosukee Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Miami before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Miami and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Miccosukee Indian Village
1.06% of people who visit Miami include Miccosukee Indian Village in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
68.29% of people plan their visit to Miccosukee Indian Village between 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Miccosukee Indian Village
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Miccosukee Indian Village
Miccosukee Indian Village, Miami Reviews
The drive along alligator alley was scenic, saw a variety of wildlife on our way to the Miccosukee Indian Village. Plenty of parking especially for the handicap. Loved their arts and crafts booth's, they are skilled artisans, so many beautiful wood carvings, and beaded jewelry and native clothing. My favorite as a foodie was the Indian fry bread especially the pumpkin fry bread, deliciously soft, prepared and cooked right in front of you. The alligator show was spectacular, it had you holding your breath as the young man entered the water with them, and started the show at the same time as he informed you how they are one on one with nature. Great for the family!
Loved the gator show which was both entertaining and a good learning lesson. After the show it was possible to hold a young gator - pretty cool! The village looks very nice, it's well maintained. Staff here was very friendly. Big kudos to the two guys at the show.
Alligator show was awesome. Lots of rides and unique stuff on sale. Holding the baby gator was the best part of my experience here.
Fell in love with this place ... great show... the reptiles were in no danger no stress during the show .. they were very informational and professional ... the kids were fascinated... the artesian work done is beautiful ... I highly recommend anyone in the area or in town to take the trip out there ..
We visited on a tour from South Beach. Great boat ride. Got to hold a baby alligator. Good alligator show. Because we were on an organised tour we didn't have much time there. I would reccommend going when you have no time restriction on your visit so you can spend more time in the museum.