This surviving Miccosukee Indian Village showcases the life and culture of the tribe. There is a wide range of displays and demonstrations that highlight the art and craftwork of the people. You will find fine examples of woodcarving, patchwork, beadwork, basket weaving and doll making. There is also a museum and gift shop where you can buy these items and jewellery. They conduct gator shows and airboat tours through the “River of Grass” where one can get up close with the formidable alligators that thrive in the region. Do check out the Miccosukee Restaurant that serves up delicacies from the tribal cuisine like fry bread, pumpkin bread, Everglades frog legs, ‘gator’ and catfish, as well as, standard American cuisine. Visitors also get a chance to see the dwellings of the tribe. The annual Tribal Festive is held here at Miccosukee Indian Village every year in December.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Miami itinerary 1 day.
Miccosukee Indian Village Travel Tips
- The airboat ride is 30 minutes and includes a 10-minute stop at an authentic hammock-style Indian Camp.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes fit for the outdoors.
Entrance Ticket Details For Miccosukee Indian Village
- Alligator Shows Cost: $12.00 Adults, $6.00 Children (6-12), 5 & under Free
- Airboat Rides Cost: Adults $20.00, Children $12.00 (6-12), 5 & under Free
- Private Tours on Smaller Airboats: 35 MIN: Adults $45.00, Children $15.00 (6-12), 5 & under Free
- 1 HOUR: Adults $55.00, Children $20.00 (6-12), 5 & under Free
Miccosukee Indian Village Hours
- Village & Airboats are open daily: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Miccosukee Indian Village Guided Tours: 10:30 am, 11:30 am, 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 3:30 pm
- Alligator Shows: 11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 3:00 pm, 4:00 pm
- Restaurant is open daily: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
How to Reach Miccosukee Indian Village
- Rented Car/Taxi
- Miccosukee Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Miami before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Miami and book an accommodation of your choice.
2.71% of people who visit Miami include Miccosukee Indian Village in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
52.94% of people start their Miccosukee Indian Village visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Miccosukee Indian Village
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Miccosukee Indian Village
Miccosukee Indian Village Reviews & Ratings
This is a great effort at showcasing the native people of the area. The Museun is informative. This is a place to go in addition to visiting another place in the area.
A historical preservation of an early north American civilization with a museum and outdoor area of activities. Alligator show is educational and entertaining.
Interesting historical experience with some alligator wrestling thrown in. Well worth the trip out if you're in or around Miami.
Miccosukee Indian Village. A great experience for the family. It’s a different and interesting way to spend the day and learn more about other people from America. The original tribes of the country. You can also enjoy an alligator 🐊 tour by airboat 🚣 It’s an amazing ride surrounded by nature. Recommended!! 😉
Great tour of real baking, sewing & carving work that goes on to be sold in the on-site shop, good museum. Lots of rescue Alligators with a fantastic and informative show on them. Food is reasonable. There is a walk over a boardwalk through the area with nice chickees with hammocks as rest stops. Also has free archery. Good day out which gives an insight in to the current and previous generations of Miccosukee.