The Barnacle Historic State ParkCurrently Closed
- Address: 3485 Main Hwy, Miami, FL 33133, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3054426866
- Ticket Price: 2 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Park
The Barnacle Historic State Park is a 5-acre property, which includes one of the oldest houses in the area and its surrounding grounds. The park gets it’s name from the house itself, which is called The Barnacle and was built in 1891. It was the home of a pioneer of the county, Ralph Middleton Munroe. The house offers stunning views of the bay and the grounds offer a nice spot for a picnic. Several musical concerts, plays and events are held on the grounds of the park, which are sponsored by The Barnacle Society.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Miami itinerary 5 days.
The Barnacle Historic State Park Travel Tips
- Group Tours are available by advance reservation only.
- Please tender exact change for admission fee.
- Please use the honour box to pay admission fee.
- Pets are permitted on park grounds but not inside the historic Barnacle House.
- Pets are not permitted for any of the special events held here.
- There is no parking available in the park itself, except for those with disabilities.
- Group tours for up to 30 visitors are available with two-week's advance reservation on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Barnacle Historic State Park
- Per person: $2
- Ages 5 and under: Free
- Ages 13 and up:$3
- Ages 6-12:$1
- Ages 5 and under: Free
The Barnacle Historic State Park Hours
- Daily Tours are conducted at 10:00 am, 11:30 am, 1:00 pm & 2:30 pm.
- Open only for group tours on Wednesday & Thursday.
How to Reach The Barnacle Historic State Park
- Bus Stop: Grand Av at Commodore PZ
- Metrorail: Coconut Grove Metrorail Station
- Green Street Cafe
- The Knife
- Steak House
- LuLu - Coconut Grove
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Miami before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Miami and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.72% of people who visit Miami include The Barnacle Historic State Park in their plan
75% of people start their The Barnacle Historic State Park visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see The Barnacle Historic State Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Barnacle Historic State Park
The Barnacle Historic State Park Reviews & Ratings
I've been here for both daytime and nights (movies in the park) for various events; it is one of the very few surviving attractions in this part of the Grove. Very beautiful and earthy vibe. Great spot to take your date on a stroll and/or to escape the 'concrete jungle' if only for an hour or so.
This place is very cool. A small fee and you can experience this little historic park. You can walk all the way up to the water. There are chairs set up to lounge in. And a sheltered area for shade. This place also has events and shows. You can get a cheaper price to the events if you are a member.
One of my Favorite parks in Coconut Grove Miami. You can bring your dogs. They often have community events such as movie night in the park. Great place for hosting weddings and special occasions. Mostly open on the weekends check listings for special hours.
Cool little place, lots of little history lessons here. It's only 2.00, and opens into a nice greenery, with chairs and couches to lounge on. Just a few steps away, and you're right at the water's edge.
This is a tiny strip of land in Coconut Grove from the main highway to the Bay. there is interesting history regarding the Pioneers in the area and preserved Flora showing what the coastline originally was like before everything was chopped down. In that way it is very interesting. it only takes about 30 minutes to walk the park. There is a house that is not currently open for tours. A nice peaceful place. Parking in on any side street.