The Barnacle Historic State Park, Miami
About The Barnacle Historic State Park, Miami
The Barnacle Historic State Park, Miami - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 3485 Main Hwy, Miami, FL 33133, United States
Ticket Price: 2 USD
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 2K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Park, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Barnacle Historic State Park is a 5-acre property, which includes one of the oldest houses in the area and its surrounding grounds. The park gets it’s name from the house itself, which is called The Barnacle and was built in 1891. It was the home of a pioneer of the county, Ralph Middleton Munroe. The house offers stunning views of the bay and the grounds offer a nice spot for a picnic. Several musical concerts, plays and events are held on the grounds of the park, which are sponsored by The Barnacle Society.
The Barnacle Historic State Park Information
- Group Tours are available by advance reservation only.
- Please tender exact change for admission fee.
- Please use the honour box to pay admission fee.
- Pets are permitted on park grounds but not inside the historic Barnacle House.
- Pets are not permitted for any of the special events held here.
- There is no parking available in the park itself, except for those with disabilities.
- Group tours for up to 30 visitors are available with two-week's advance reservation on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
The Barnacle Historic State Park Ticket Prices
- Per person: $2
- Ages 5 and under: Free
- Ages 13 and up:$3
- Ages 6-12:$1
- Ages 5 and under: Free
The Barnacle Historic State Park Opening and Closing Hours
- Daily Tours are conducted at 10:00 am, 11:30 am, 1:00 pm & 2:30 pm.
- Open only for group tours on Wednesday & Thursday.
How To reach The Barnacle Historic State Park by Public Transport
- Bus Stop: Grand Av at Commodore PZ
- Metrorail: Coconut Grove Metrorail Station
Restaurants Near The Barnacle Historic State Park
- Green Street Cafe
- The Knife
- Steak House
- LuLu - Coconut Grove
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Miami before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Miami and book an accommodation of your choice.
The Barnacle Historic State Park, Miami Reviews - Write a Review
Lived in Miami my young life. Had T he visiting to discover this park. It has small with a mangrove type feel. Cool. $2
A wonderful piece of history to explore while in the Coconut Grove area.
I wouldn't drive too far out of my way to visit here, don't expect too much. if you happen to be in the area it's a nice little shady retreat to learn a bit about some south Miami history and boat building... The neighborhood is safe, trendy and upscale. The price to enter is a suggested $2.00 per person, (your meter on the street might cost you more).
Cute historic park...mad hatter festival was a good time
This is a beautiful public park and a great get away to sit outside and have a picnic. They also have many well directed events.
- Nearby Attractions
- Palmeiras Beach Club At Grove Isle
- Whole Foods Market
- Outback Steakhouse
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
- Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton Miami Airport South Blue Lagoon
- Virginia Key
- Springhill Suites Miami Airport East/medical Center
- Bayride Tours
- Miami Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Miami
- What to See in 48 Hours in Miami
- What to See in 72 Hours in Miami
- How to Spend 5 Days in Miami
- How to Spend 6 Days in Miami
- How to Spend 7 Days in Miami