The KampongCurrently Closed
- Address: 4013 S Douglas Rd, Miami, FL 33133, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3054427169
- Ticket Price: 20 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
The Kampong - Review
The Kampong is a tropical botanical garden located on the Biscayne Bay in Coconut Grove. This hidden gem of natural beauty showcases a wide variety of tropical plants and fruits. Here you will find fruits with exotic names like peanut butter fruit, candle fruits, egg fruits and so on. There are also varieties of pomelo, avocados and numerous types of mangoes. The garden is a major research and educational site for horticulturists. The serene environment is worth a visit, a tropical paradise in the heart of the city.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Miami itinerary 5 days.
The Kampong Information
- Self- guided tours are available by phone or email appointment only, online sales not available.
- Please carry comfortable walking shoes, mosquito repellent, hat for shade and bottled water.
- Reservations are required in advance as there are limited spaces available for admission into the park.
- You can purchase admission online or by phone.
- Online reservations close approximately 48 hours before day of tour.
The Kampong Ticket Prices
Kampong Guided tour:
- Adults (13 yrs. and above): $20
- Children 4-12 yrs: $10
- Children 3 yrs. and under: free
- Adults (13 yrs. and above): $15
- Children 4-12 yrs: $5
- Children 3 yrs. and under: free
The Kampong Hours
- Times: (September to June) 10:30 am and Noon
- September to November: Wednesdays and Saturdays
- December to June: Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays
- Monday through Friday: 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
How To reach The Kampong by Public Transport
- Bus Stop- SW 37 Av at Op Pine Av
Restaurants Near The Kampong
- Greenstreet Cafe
- Strada in the Grove
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Miami before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Miami and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting The Kampong
1.62% of people who visit Miami include The Kampong in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
95% of people start their The Kampong visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see The Kampong
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Kampong
People normally also visit HistoryMiami while planning their trip to The Kampong.
The Kampong Trips
The Kampong, Miami Reviews
Beautiful, calming place very much worth a visit of 1-1 1/2 hrs. The staff is very knowledgeable about the trees and plants, and exceptionally friendly and nice. There were very few people there when my husband and I visited the other day. It was as if we were strolling around our own private magnificent gardens (with view of Biscayne Bay).
Beautiful grounds and great looking architecture. The Waterview is incredible. It is not very large but it makes it up in its beauty. You must make an appointment to tour.
Great place to come and learn. Or come and sit and enjoy the sun or find some shade. Beautiful setting, the grounds and plants are kept in really healthy condition. Tropical plants are so wild looking.
Gorgeous throwback from the days when exotic plant collection was a hobby of high society. Now an important store of biological diversity and laboratory for tropical forest research.
Beautiful gardens of tropical plants with very knowledgeable giudes. A very pleasant interlude.