Are you looking for what to do in Miami?
PLACES TO SEE
There are so many things to do in Miami, and once you are in the area, you will not know where to start. Have a look at the following and makes sure to add it to your to-do list, they are rated amongst the best places to be in Miami.
- Miami Beach: This is where all vacations to Miami begin. It is one of Miami’s most unrivalled jewel and full of colour and bustling with activities. You probably saw or heard about this in a movie, if you come here you do not want to leave. One of the most fun things to do in Miami!
- Vizcaya Museum And Gardens: This is located in the Coconut Grove District and here you will be able to find a variety of art from the 15th all the way up to the 19th century. This museum is one of the most famous attractions in Miami.
THINGS TO DO
- Zoo Miami: The oldest and only tropical zoo in the USA kicked off in 1948 with the purchase of three monkeys, a goat, and to black bears. The zoo continued to slowly acquire animals, and despite a umber of setbacks that included two devastating hurricanes, it became one of the most prominent zoo’s in the country.
- Miami Seaquarium: The oldest oceanarium in the USA is also home to the killer whale Lolita, but the orca shows are just the tip of the iceberg. Here, they’ll let you swim with dolphins and seals.
- Jungle Island Miami: Play and feed the adorable Kangaroos, Capuchins, Lemurs and even a Condor and the celebrity Hercules Tiger.
- American Airlines Arena: The Arena is a sports and entertainment complex, which hosts numerous sporting events and music concerts. It was constructed in 1998 and is home to the Miami Heat NBA team.
- Miami Science Museum: Also known as the Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science, The museum is a great educational and fun experience for families with kids. The exhibits are informative and interactive. The main attractions are Space-Transit Planetarium, Weintraub Observatory, a Sea Lab, and the Falcon Batchelor Bird of Prey Centre.
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden: An 83-acre botanical garden with rare plants and trees. The garden’s main highlights are the Wings of the Tropics, Tropical Plant Conservatory and Rare Plant House and Whitman Fruit Pavilion.
- Marlins Park: Catch a game of baseball here and you will be a fan of the sport, if you aren't already!
- Coral Castle: 1100 tonnes of stones hewed in the form of walls, furniture, the date and the tower by a heartbroken artist.
- Key Biscayne Islands: The park offers tent camping and boat camping options. Activities offered at the park are boating, fishing, kayaking, windsurfing, snorkelling and scuba diving.
- Venetian Pool: Designed by Phineas Paist with Denman Fink, this is a historic swimming pool of USA and dates back to 1924.
- Oleta River State Park: Spread over 1,043-acres, this is a Florida state park located on the Biscayne Bay in the municipal suburb of North Miami.
Nights in Miami are endless fun, dance and party. Miami is alive at night and makes you want to let your hair down.
- Azulee and Soundz: If you are into cool music, this where you need to be. This is nightlife and club life at its best, so be sure to pop in.
- Chalk: The only green friendly club in Miami, you can enjoy your drinks while playing loads of fun drinking games.
- Mansion: Located in a renovated art deco theatre, this multi-level club features a range of dance floors, rooms, bars and VIP areas.
- Mynt: Actors, models, rock stars, and other celebs frequent this futuristic-themed lounge, making one of the most exclusive around. If you manage to get it, you’ll find a small but hopping dance floor, cool music, modular white couches to lounge on, and a long bar serving very expensive drinks.
Below we have a list of things to do in Miami and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Miami getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Miami with confidence.