Washington Park Zoo75 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 115 Lake Shore Dr, Michigan City, IN 46360, USA, 46360, United States Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2198731510
- Fax: +1-2198731539
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids, Landmarks, Parks
The Washington Park Zoo sprawls over fifteen acres on the rolling sand dunes and shelters around 250 birds and animals from around 85-100 species. The zoo authority also acts as a safe abode to the illegally obtained, injured and abandoned wild animals. Bengal Tigers, Sea Eagles, Bald Eagles, Cotton-top Tamarins, Grizzly Bears, Grey Wolves, River Otters, Ring-tailed Lemurs and American Alligators are some of the members of the Washington Park Zoo. The Discovery Center features cold-blooded animals like frogs, snakes and lizards. Over 250 flying parakeets will accompany you at the Australian Adventure. AT THE Red Barn, you will find domesticated animals like goats, pigs, horses and donkeys. The observation tower at the zoo overlooks Lake Michigan and Trail Creek.
How to Reach Washington Park Zoo
- Rented Car/ Taxi
- Washington Park Zoo Address: 115 Lake Shore Dr, Michigan City, IN 46360, USA, 46360, United States
- Washington Park Zoo Contact Number: +1-2198731510
- Washington Park Zoo Timing: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Washington Park Zoo: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
66.96% of people who visit Michigan City include Washington Park Zoo in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
72.22% of people start their Washington Park Zoo visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Washington Park Zoo
92.06% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Washington Park Zoo
People normally club together Barker Mansion and Museum Of Contemporary Photography while planning their visit to Washington Park Zoo.