Archaeological Museum, Milan
About Archaeological Museum, Milan
Archaeological Museum, Milan - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Corso Magenta, 15, 20123 Milano, Italy
Ticket Price: 5 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 32.9K times in trip plans
Garden, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Appropriately situated in the heart of Roman Milan, this museum housed in a former monastery displays utensils, jewelry, silver plate, and several fine examples of mosaic pavement from Mediolanum, the ancient Roman name for Milan. The museum opens into a garden that is flanked by the square tower of the roman circus. This is among the most famous tourist attractions in Milan for visitors from different parts of the world. To experience this wonderful museum, you need to opt for a local bus or cab or metro rail. The place is well connected with all major transport systems of the country and thus reaching the building is hassle free.
Archaeological Museum is one of the main tourist attractions to visit and should definitely feature in your Milan itinerary 2 days.
Archaeological Museum Information
- No smoking inside the museum.
- Please accept the security check and obey the relevant provisions of the Museum and follow the instruction of the working staff.
- Those who are not properly dressed, inebriated or suffering from mental disorders shall not enter the Museum.
- Please don’t touch the exhibits.
- Please speak quietly and avoid running, playing and using mobile phones in the exhibition halls.
- The Archaeological museum is accessible to wheelchair users.
Archaeological Museum Ticket Prices
- Free admission every day during the last hour of opening and every Tuesday from 2:00pm.
- Full ticket € 5.00
- Reduced: € 3.00
- Full annual ticket: € 35.00
Archaeological Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Last entry at 5pm.
How To reach Archaeological Museum by Public Transport
- Ferrovie Nord Cadorna metro M1, M2 (stops Cairoli or Cadorna).
- Tram 16 and 27.
- Buses 50, 58 and 94.
Restaurants Near Archaeological Museum
- Joia: Seafood
- Tigella’s: Ravioli
- Paganelli: Ice-cream
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Milan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Milan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Archaeological Museum, Milan Reviews - Write a Review
Excellent section on Milan life in Roman times. Interesting funerary steles telling you about the people and their lives. The labels were in Italian and English. Section of Roman city walls to view. We got in via the beautiful San Maurizio church. The tickets were free, maybe because we were late, but it's cheap anyway.
Nice museum, a lot of information + Chiesa San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore, Torre di Ansperto. You can visit museum for free first Sunday of the each month.
The museum is small but it has a lot of artefacts about four stages of civilizations, residing in Italy - Greek, Etruscan, Middle ages, Antiquity. It is located in an old monastery. It is worth for people interested in archeology and history
The little museum is a nice change from the bustling city and has some nicely preserved samples from times long gone. For 5€ just go there and enjoy one or two hours of archeology, depending on your level of interest. You can also sit and relax in the yard while looking at the ruins there.
Small place, nice but not a big amount of exponate. For someone interested in history is a must.
- Nearby Attractions
- Arch Of Peace Apartment
- Via Lecco, 20
- Como Nord Lago
- Pizza Pasta Ciao!
- Corso Venezia
- Viale Piave, 38
- Centro Benessere Bangkok
- Il Massimo Del Gelato
- Milan Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Milan
- What to See in 48 Hours in Milan
- What to See in 72 Hours in Milan
- How to Spend 5 Days in Milan
- How to Spend 6 Days in Milan
- How to Spend 7 Days in Milan