Basilica Di San CalimeroCurrently Closed
- Address: Via S. Calimero, 9/11, 20122 Milano, Italy
- Timings: 11:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +39-258314028
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Saint Calimerius, who passed away in 190AD, was one of the first bishops of the city of Milan. It houses the bishop's relics. This church was originally built in the 5th century, then completely restored to its Romanesque look in 1882. The interior is very medieval. Highlights include:
- 16th century crypt
- 15th century fresco of Madonna between two saints
- A neoclassical altar with Corinthian columns
- A Nativity by Marco d'Oggiono
- A 19th century pipe organ
A curious feature is a pit, where the relics of the bishop were found submerged in water. This water was once thought to have miraculous healing powers.
- Buses 65 and NM3 stop Crocetta M3
- Tram 16 stop Via Lamarmora Via Commenda
- Tram 16, 24; Bus N24 stop C.so P.ta Romana Via S. Sofia
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Milan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Milan and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.03% of people who visit Milan include Basilica Di San Calimero in their plan
33.33% of people start their Basilica Di San Calimero visit around 10 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Basilica Di San Calimero
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Basilica Di San Calimero
Though dating to the 5th century, the church was rebuilt in a Neoromanesque style but still with its original 16th century crypt remaining and a few medieval frescoes here and there.
Basilica di San Calimero Church's origine date back to the 5th century.after a disaster whole church renovated in 1882 by architecture Angelo Colla with the medieval architecture.
A fascinating hidden little treasure
Small beautiful church.
Beautiful and quiet basilica