Basilica Di San Lorenzo, Milan
About Basilica Di San Lorenzo, Milan
Basilica Di San Lorenzo, Milan - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Corso di Porta Ticinese, 39, 20100 Milano, Italy
Ticket Price: 2 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
Added 26.1K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This is one of the popular and very well known tourist destinations of Milan. Originally a church, famous for exclusive and unique architecture – the museum is worthy to visit for all. If you are in Milan, considering not visiting this church would definitely a big miss! San Lorenzo Maggiore is located within a city park called Basilica's Park. You are allowed to take a guide with you. Though the place is based on the religious beliefs of the Christians, anyone can visit this place to experience charming glory of the spot. Milan Itinerary 4 Days will not be complete without this one attraction.
Basilica Di San Lorenzo Information
- If you visit at peak times, you may have to wait.
- Visitors can take local English-speaking driver-guide with them.
- People of all age group can enjoy here to the fullest.
- Bring some cash with you.
- Take care of your belongings.
- No smoking inside the church.
- Don’t forget to see the exhibition halls.
- Those who are not properly dressed, inebriated or suffering from mental disorders shall not be allowed to enter the Museum.
- Video recording and flash photography are forbidden.
- Please speak quietly and avoid running, playing and using mobile phones in the church.
Basilica Di San Lorenzo Ticket Prices
- Church entry is free.
- Cappella entry: €2; €1 reductions; €12 combined ticket with Museo Diocesano & Cappella Portinari at Sant'Eustorgio.
Basilica Di San Lorenzo Opening and Closing Hours
- Weekday Mass at 9 am.
- Vigil Saturday at 6pm.
- In the month of August, the schedule of various functions may vary.
How To reach Basilica Di San Lorenzo by Public Transport
- Missori Metro Station
Restaurants Near Basilica Di San Lorenzo
- Princi: Buns
- Luini: Spinach & Tomato Pizza
- Ex Mauri: Cakes
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Milan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Milan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Basilica Di San Lorenzo, Milan Reviews - Write a Review
Remains of Early Christian Basilica. Alas too few of original interiors survived. Anyway you are going to see some mosaics and frescoes. Visitors are allowed to take non commercial photo without flash light.
Has a feeling of great age and permanence. Beautiful fragments of mosaics and frescoes from different ages. And I'm sure I saw the drawing of an elephant.
Well worth a visit - spend the 2 euro's to visit the remanents of the mosaics and the foundations excavated in 1913.
Nice church with a rich history reflected by it's interesting architecture and decorative pieces. Location of s. Aquino urn.
Spoilt by graffiti! But quite a tranquil place on a hot Sunday afternoon
- Nearby Attractions
- Via Luigi Settembrini, 41
- Koala Hostel
- Residenza Giulia
- Via Varesina, 63
- Milan Museum
- Brera Apartments In Magenta
- Milan Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Milan
- What to See in 48 Hours in Milan
- What to See in 72 Hours in Milan
- How to Spend 5 Days in Milan
- How to Spend 6 Days in Milan
- How to Spend 7 Days in Milan