Duomo Di MilanoCurrently Closed
- Address: Piazza del Duomo, 20122 Milano, Italy, 20122
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-0272022656
- Fax: +39-0272022419
- Ticket Price: 2 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Statue, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral , Landmarks, Buildings And Structures
Milan’s Cathedral, or Duomo, is symbol of the city. The most exuberant example of Northern Gothic in Italy, its spiky spires and towers dominate Piazza del Duomo, Milan’s beating heart. The Duomo’s exterior is an upwardly thrusting collection of pinnacles, elongated statues and buttresses.
For the ancient wonderful interior and candle-lit ambience, the place has a unique charm, which makes this place worth a visit. Located at the heart of the city, it provides a 360 degree view of the city, which is admirable and something that you will definitely relish as a tourist. If you have just 24 hours in Milan and this is your first trip to the city then Duomo is the must visit place for you. Also see it included in Milan itinerary 2 days.
- Don’t forget to see the Cathedral’s terraces.
- You can go by stairs or elevator to the top & for this you have to buy ticket.
- Please respect the catholic rules.
- Free entrances are applicable for children up to the age of 6, teachers accompanying groups, disabled persons and carers.
- You will not be allowed to enter into the Duomo if you are dressed inappropriately (e.g. legs or shoulders uncovered).
- For tourist in shorts and tops, admission is denied.
- Don’t forget to see numerous monuments and artworks.
- Carry a copy of your passport and visa.
- There is a metro station nearby.
- Ticket mentioned above includes admission to the Cathedral, Duomo Museum and San Gottardo in Corte Church.
- Terrace Admission: Admission on Foot- € 9,00 - € 4,50 & Admission by Lift- €13,00 - € 7,00
- Ticket for admission to the Cathedral, Duomo Museum, San Gottardo in Corte Church and Archaeological Area: € 6,00 - € 3,00
- Free admission for children up to 6 years old, People with disabilities and helper, Group guide, Military personnel in uniform.
- Cathedral: Daily 8am - 7pm
- Terraces: Daily 9.00am -7.00pm.
- Archaeological area: Daily 9.00am -7.00pm.
Crypt of st. Charles located (inside the church):
- Monday - Friday: 11.00am - 5.30pm
- Saturday: 11.00am - 5.00pm
- Sunday: 1.30pm - 3.30pm
- Last admission 30 min before closing time.
Duomo museum and San Gottardo church:
- Daily: 10.00am - 6.00pm
- Closed on Wednesday.
- Duomo Metro Station
- Arnold Coffee: Tea & Coffee
- Bellavista: Pizza
- Parco Sushi Sashimi: Sushi Rolls
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Milan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Milan and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Milan include Duomo Di Milano in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
62.87% of people start their Duomo Di Milano visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Duomo Di Milano
58.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Duomo Di Milano
The Duomo of Milan is one of the best attraction to see in Milan. It's at the centre of the city and it's really well served through 2 subway lines. There are different tourist trip you can choose once you've been there. I recommend going on the top of Milan Cathedral in a sunny day. Next to Duomo there's Vittorio Emanuele's gallery where you can find the best and coolest shops of all Milan. I suggest to visit the Duomo in the morning to avoid the long queue creates during the day.
This place is just incredible. Get the tickets to climb among the spires and enjoy the views of Milan from the rooftop. Make sure to pay that little extra for fast track tickets as the queue can exceed one hour wait time. Once you are in the roof you get fast track access inside. Be sure to allow some time to take in the enormous halls and beautiful architecture. Worth every euro and every minute of time you spend here.
I dare you find a more beautiful cathedral in the all world. This is the most wonderful you have ever seen. Try it after a rainy day on sunset hours: amazing!
Very beautiful monument, would recommend going to the roof as the view is great! Breath taking view from outside. Be careful outside of the cathedral as there is a lot of people trying to scam you. If they try to give you a bracelet run!!!
This is a historical marvelous piece of Roman architectural structure. It is beautiful unique and breath taking. It's is also said to be the fourth tallest cathedral in the world. To really appreciate the work that went into building this magnificent structure, you will have to get close in person.