Duomo Di Milano11505 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Piazza del Duomo, 20122 Milano, Italy, 20122
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-0272022656
- Fax: +39-0272022419
- Ticket Price: 2 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Statue, Architecture , Cathedral , Landmarks, Buildings And Structures
Milan’s Cathedral, or Duomo, is symbol of the city. The most exuberant example of Northern Gothic in Italy, its spiky spires and towers dominate Piazza del Duomo, Milan’s beating heart. The Duomo’s exterior is an upwardly thrusting collection of pinnacles, elongated statues and buttresses.
For the ancient wonderful interior and candle-lit ambience, the place has a unique charm, which makes this place worth a visit. Located at the heart of the city, it provides a 360 degree view of the city, which is admirable and something that you will definitely relish as a tourist. If you have just 24 hours in Milan and this is your first trip to the city then Duomo is the must visit place for you. Also see it included in Milan itinerary 2 days.
Duomo Di Milano Travel Tips
- Don’t forget to see the Cathedral’s terraces.
- You can go by stairs or elevator to the top & for this you have to buy ticket.
- Please respect the catholic rules.
- Free entrances are applicable for children up to the age of 6, teachers accompanying groups, disabled persons and carers.
- You will not be allowed to enter into the Duomo if you are dressed inappropriately (e.g. legs or shoulders uncovered).
- For tourist in shorts and tops, admission is denied.
- Don’t forget to see numerous monuments and artworks.
- Carry a copy of your passport and visa.
- There is a metro station nearby.
Entrance Ticket Details For Duomo Di Milano
- Ticket mentioned above includes admission to the Cathedral, Duomo Museum and San Gottardo in Corte Church.
- Terrace Admission: Admission on Foot- € 9,00 - € 4,50 & Admission by Lift- €13,00 - € 7,00
- Ticket for admission to the Cathedral, Duomo Museum, San Gottardo in Corte Church and Archaeological Area: € 6,00 - € 3,00
- Free admission for children up to 6 years old, People with disabilities and helper, Group guide, Military personnel in uniform.
Duomo Di Milano Hours
- Cathedral: Daily 8am - 7pm
- Terraces: Daily 9.00am -7.00pm.
- Archaeological area: Daily 9.00am -7.00pm.
Crypt of st. Charles located (inside the church):
- Monday - Friday: 11.00am - 5.30pm
- Saturday: 11.00am - 5.00pm
- Sunday: 1.30pm - 3.30pm
- Last admission 30 min before closing time.
Duomo museum and San Gottardo church:
- Daily: 10.00am - 6.00pm
- Closed on Wednesday.
How to Reach Duomo Di Milano
- Duomo Metro Station
- Arnold Coffee: Tea & Coffee
- Bellavista: Pizza
- Parco Sushi Sashimi: Sushi Rolls
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Milan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Milan and book an accommodation of your choice.
94.88% of people who visit Milan include Duomo Di Milano in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
62.87% of people start their Duomo Di Milano visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Duomo Di Milano
58.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Duomo Di Milano
Duomo Di Milano Reviews & Ratings
It's extremely beautiful. The pricing is pretty good. There's the fast track tickets for €25 which grant you to skip the lines and give you access to the museum and other places (that are written on the ticket). You can use it up to three days after purchase. The rooftops are stunning Nd definitely need to be checked out and the cathedral is ethereal. Definitely recommend it
Awesome place. Super clean. Better version in night. Ample space. Lot of shopping centers nearby. You will feel relaxed and mesmerized. Visited many times,still willing to visit again n again. Lovely surroundings and place to find many varieties of chocolates.
One of the most visually impressive buildings I've ever seen. Get tickets from the machines to the south of the Cathedral (it's much quicker to use the electronic machines than the people). Inside is surprisingly calm despite the number of people as the building is absolutely massive, and very tastefully done by the standards of Italian Churches
Extremely beautiful cathedral. One of the few Dom churches in Europe. I visit Milan now and then for business and when I have the opportunity will go for a quick look. At night the view can be even more stunning. According to locals it is almost always under construction/maintenance/cleaning due to the air quality in the Milan area. So don't be surprised if one or more of the sides of the cathedral has scaffolding built against it.
Duomo is an amazing piece of architecture. Externally is it in my opinion one of the most impressive cathedrals I have seen. Well worth a visit to the roof although it can be hot and they are currently cleaning the masonry, so parts are not visible. Internally the windows are very impressive although I would say that the interior does not match the impressiveness of the exterior, or many other cathedrals.