Gallerie Di Piazza ScalaCurrently Closed
- Address: Piazza della Scala, 6, 20121 Milano, Italy
- Timings: 09:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +39-800167619
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Family And Kids
Gallerie Di Piazza Scala - Review
The museum is housed inside of what used to be an old bank. Much of the bank's old layout has been incorporated into the museum's own, giving the interior a very posh ambience. The artwork in the gallery focuses on the 19th and 20th century. Highlights to watch out for:
- Bas-reliefs by Antonio Canova.
- Speculative works by Umberto Boccioni.
- 19th century images of Milan.
- Masterpieces by some of the greatest painters in Italy.
- The 20th century section of 189 paintings, which tracks various artistic movements.
Gallerie Di Piazza Scala Information
- They have an audio guide in multiple languages.
- Accessible for disabled.
Gallerie Di Piazza Scala Ticket Prices
- EUR 3 for 18 to 25 years; over 65; groups of 15 or more.
- Free for under 18, disabled person and carer; journalists.
- Free admission every first Sunday.
Guided visits for up to 25:
- Italian: € 80.00 per group.
- English: € 100,00 per group.
Gallerie Di Piazza Scala Hours
- Last admission 1 hour before closing time.
- March to September: 9:30am-6pm
- October to February: 9:30am-4:30pm
How To reach Gallerie Di Piazza Scala by Public Transport
- Tram 1 stop Teatro Alla Scala.
- Bus 61 stop Via Monte Di Pieta' Via Verdi.
- M1, M3 stop Duomo
- Trams 24, 12, 16, 27, 2, 3, 14 stop Duomo.
- Buses N15, N24 and NM 3 stop Duomo M1.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Milan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Milan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Gallerie Di Piazza Scala
14.35% of people who visit Milan include Gallerie Di Piazza Scala in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
35.4% of people start their Gallerie Di Piazza Scala visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Gallerie Di Piazza Scala
62.16% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gallerie Di Piazza Scala
Gallerie Di Piazza Scala Trips
4 Views38 Days 37 Nights38 Day Trip to France, Italy, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Hungary from CanberraBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Paris, Bordeaux, Nantes, Brussels, Bruges, Ghent, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, Budapest, Rome, Milan
Gallerie Di Piazza Scala, Milan Reviews
One of the best galleries in Milan. Worth a long visit. We only had 3 hours and really had to rush to see everything we wanted to. Moreover, it's not only about the paintings, but the interiors. They are simply amazing and I took almost as many photos of those, as of the paintings (no flash fotography).
Some great 18th and 19th century art here, as well as some very modern pieces, that have that added attraction of being housed in a rather gorgeous building that was once a palazzo and latterly used as a bank. It was surprisingly quiet. I'm guessing that it's particularly well know yet. Enjoyed it very much. Staff a little officious though.
Guided tours are the best way to go around. Have 2 hours at hand if you want a full tour. Nice collection of paintings
Beautiful museum near Piazza del Duomo. Various section of modern art and past century creations. The place before was a bank now trasformed. From bankster to art!
Nice Gallery of paintings! For everyone who likes art! I like this place a lot. The gallery in not too big, but it has enough exhibits to enjoy and remember the most interesting, not crowded. There are several halls with modern art, and many rooms with classical paintings. You can see paintings of almost all Italian artists here. I prefer classical paintings, my favorite painting here is Giulio aristide sartorio, really impressive! In the end of exhibition you will find shop with souvenirs. By the way you can check free day of visiting before planning your trip ;)