How to Reach Milan, Italy
The Easiest Way to Reach Milan
HOW TO GET TO MILAN
Milan has excellent connections by air, train and road to the rest of continental Europe and the world. Boasting no fewer than three international airports and five major train stations, Milan is a major transportation hub in Italy. There are two airports in Milan:
- Malpensa International Milan Airport is the second largest airport in the country and lies roughly 45 km/28 miles from the city centre. The airport is connected to the Cadorna FN Railway Station as well as the Centrale FS main train station in central Milan.
- Passengers arriving at Linate Airport can travel into central Milan by Express Bus.
- The third airport, Orio al Serio, is mainly handling flights to Milan from budget airlines and passengers arriving here can travel into central Milan via a shuttle bus service running between the airport and the central train station in Milan.
HOW TO GET AROUND MILAN
- Tourists can travel around the city either by metro trains, which have an extensive rail network throughout the city, or by frequent bus services.
- Car rental in Milan is also readily available.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Milan and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Milan
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Milan. The most preferred mode of transport in Milan is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 15.11 km Average time: 40.02 min
Train/Metro 31.82%Train 31.62 min Walking 7.86 min Waiting 6 min Bus 2.81 min Other 1.9 min Tram 1.67 min Overall average time for 21.2 kms 51.86 min
Walking 12.12%Walking 30 min Train 4 min Bike 1.88 min Waiting 1.75 min Bus 1.5 min Tram 0.88 min Overall average time for 5.56 kms 40 min
Motorbike 4.55%Motorbike 11 min Overall average time for 17.17 kms 11 min
Tram/Streetcar 3.03%Tram 12.5 min Waiting 4.5 min Walking 3.5 min Other 2.5 min Train 1 min Overall average time for 4.5 kms 24 min
Car 21.21%Driving 33.14 min Motorbike 1.07 min Walking 0.5 min Overall average time for 16.96 kms 34.71 min
Bike 9.09%Bike 27 min Walking 0.17 min Overall average time for 6.17 kms 27.17 min
Bus/Trolleybus 4.55%Bus 26.67 min Walking 6 min Waiting 5.33 min Train 4.33 min Other 3.33 min Tram 1.67 min Overall average time for 12.33 kms 47.33 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Milan
- How to reach Portofino
- How to reach Cinque Terre
- How to reach Vicenza
- How to reach Ferrara
- How to reach Padua
- How to reach Livorno
- How to reach Parise
- How to reach Desio
- How to reach Urgnano
- How to Reach Top Cities in Italy
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Florence
- How to reach Venice
- How to reach Naples
- How to reach Positano
- How to reach Catania
- How to reach Siena
- How to reach Taormina
- How to reach Vernazza
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Barcelona
- How to reach Doha
- How to reach Ratnagiri
- How to reach Petersfield