How to Reach Milan
The Easiest Way to Reach Milan
HOW TO GET TO MILAN
Milan has excellent connections by air, train and road to the rest of continental Europe and the world. Boasting no fewer than three international airports and five major train stations, Milan is a major transportation hub in Italy. There are two airports in Milan:
- Malpensa International Milan Airport is the second largest airport in the country and lies roughly 45 km/28 miles from the city centre. The airport is connected to the Cadorna FN Railway Station as well as the Centrale FS main train station in central Milan.
- Passengers arriving at Linate Airport can travel into central Milan by Express Bus.
- The third airport, Orio al Serio, is mainly handling flights to Milan from budget airlines and passengers arriving here can travel into central Milan via a shuttle bus service running between the airport and the central train station in Milan.
HOW TO GET AROUND MILAN
- Tourists can travel around the city either by metro trains, which have an extensive rail network throughout the city, or by frequent bus services.
- Car rental in Milan is also readily available.
Modes of Transportation in Milan
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Milan. The most preferred mode of transport in Milan is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 14.11 km Average time: 39.35 min
Train/Metro 29.51%Train 31.89 min Walking 7.89 min Waiting 5.61 min Bus 3 min Other 2.22 min Tram 1.67 min Overall average time for 20.84 kms 52.28 min
Walking 13.11%Walking 30 min Train 4 min Bike 1.88 min Waiting 1.75 min Bus 1.5 min Tram 0.88 min Overall average time for 5.56 kms 40 min
Motorbike 4.92%Motorbike 11 min Overall average time for 17.17 kms 11 min
Tram/Streetcar 3.28%Tram 12.5 min Waiting 4.5 min Walking 3.5 min Other 2.5 min Train 1 min Overall average time for 4.5 kms 24 min
Car 19.67%Driving 31.42 min Motorbike 1.25 min Walking 0.58 min Overall average time for 14.95 kms 33.25 min
Bike 9.84%Bike 27 min Walking 0.17 min Overall average time for 6.17 kms 27.17 min
Bus/Trolleybus 4.92%Bus 26.67 min Walking 6 min Waiting 5.33 min Train 4.33 min Other 3.33 min Tram 1.67 min Overall average time for 12.33 kms 47.33 min
- Other Cities on Triphobo
- How To Reach Palermo
- How To Reach Rimini
- How To Reach Bergamo
- How To Reach Lucca
- How To Reach Alghero
- How To Reach Como
- How To Reach Bellagio
- How To Reach Manarola
- How To Reach Riomaggiore
- How To Reach Perugia
- Cities Near Milan
- How To Reach Rome
- How To Reach Florence
- How To Reach Venice
- How To Reach Naples
- How To Reach Cinque Terre
- How To Reach Positano
- How To Reach Catania
- How To Reach Padua
- How To Reach Siena
- How To Reach Ferrara