Duomo Di Milano, Milan
About Duomo Di Milano, Milan
Duomo Di Milano, Milan - Address, Ticket Price
Address: Piazza del Duomo, 20122 Milano, Italy
Ticket Price: 2 EUR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 101.7K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Statue, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Milan’s Cathedral, or Duomo, is symbol of the city. The most exuberant example of Northern Gothic in Italy, its spiky spires and towers dominate Piazza del Duomo, Milan’s beating heart. The Duomo’s exterior is an upwardly thrusting collection of pinnacles, elongated statues and buttresses.
For the ancient wonderful interior and candle-lit ambience, the place has a unique charm, which makes this place worth a visit. Located at the heart of the city, it provides a 360 degree view of the city, which is admirable and something that you will definitely relish as a tourist. If you have just 24 hours in Milan and this is your first trip to the city then Duomo is the must visit place for you. Also see it included in Milan itinerary 2 days.
Duomo Di Milano Information
- Don’t forget to see the Cathedral’s terraces.
- You can go by stairs or elevator to the top & for this you have to buy ticket.
- Please respect the catholic rules.
- Free entrances are applicable for children up to the age of 6, teachers accompanying groups, disabled persons and carers.
- You will not be allowed to enter into the Duomo if you are dressed inappropriately (e.g. legs or shoulders uncovered).
- For tourist in shorts and tops, admission is denied.
- Don’t forget to see numerous monuments and artworks.
- Carry a copy of your passport and visa.
- There is a metro station nearby.
Duomo Di Milano Ticket Prices
- Ticket mentioned above includes admission to the Cathedral, Duomo Museum and San Gottardo in Corte Church.
- Terrace Admission: Admission on Foot- € 9,00 - € 4,50 & Admission by Lift- €13,00 - € 7,00
- Ticket for admission to the Cathedral, Duomo Museum, San Gottardo in Corte Church and Archaeological Area: € 6,00 - € 3,00
- Free admission for children up to 6 years old, People with disabilities and helper, Group guide, Military personnel in uniform.
Duomo Di Milano Opening and Closing Hours
- Cathedral: Daily 8am - 7pm
- Terraces: Daily 9.00am -7.00pm.
- Archaeological area: Daily 9.00am -7.00pm.
Crypt of st. Charles located (inside the church):
- Monday - Friday: 11.00am - 5.30pm
- Saturday: 11.00am - 5.00pm
- Sunday: 1.30pm - 3.30pm
- Last admission 30 min before closing time.
Duomo museum and San Gottardo church:
- Daily: 10.00am - 6.00pm
- Closed on Wednesday.
How To reach Duomo Di Milano by Public Transport
- Duomo Metro Station
Restaurants Near Duomo Di Milano
- Arnold Coffee: Tea & Coffee
- Bellavista: Pizza
- Parco Sushi Sashimi: Sushi Rolls
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Milan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Milan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Duomo Di Milano, Milan Reviews - Write a Review
One of the most impressive architecture marvels in Europe. It looks incredible from the inside, but views from the terrace are even more impressive. I would recommend you to go there an hour before the sunset, because it looks simply stunning then. When it's not cloudy, Alps are visible very well.
An absolute MUST see! Go to the ticket office opposite the Cathedral's south side and buy a combined ticket (€16/€12) - avoid the queues by taking a credit card and using the self service machines on the left. Once inside the Cathedral, trace the columns reaching up to the sky and enjoy the rich colours of the stained glass. Then climb the 251 steps to the roof (or cheat and go in the lift) and marvel at the glorious architecture and views. One of the most beautiful buildings in the world. Superb!
Fantastic cathedral with lots of beautiful stained glass and tapestries. The archaeological area was really interesting. The terraces were amazing with great views over Milan as well as letting you get up and close to the architecture. The one fault was the queueing system. It was like a rabble once you got into the ticket office and the whole thing was far too slow. Altogether a great afternoon though
Inside Duomo is beautiful. For rooftop, if the queue for elevator is longer than the corner, it could take you longer than 3 hours based on my experience. And it will be too crowd up there. The roof is not designed for large groups of people so it would take time to walk along the root. And on the very top, i was not lucky as a lot of construction there. So, please check the queue first, it might be better to go early or late or try stair option.
It really is a beautiful site to see. 3 euro for entry.The archeological site was pretty cool. (Extra cost, ) We didn't go to the top as is was too much 9 euro to take the stairs and 12 euro to take the lift. Heard there is a better view across the way. I recommend going first thing in the AM to avoid a long lines. We went on Sunday morning and the organ from Mass was cool to listen to.
- Nearby Attractions
- Milano Centrale
- Piazzale Siena, 18
- Corsocomo Srl Affiliato Grimaldi
- Via Felice Casati, 31
- Province Of Vicenza
- Galleria Buenos Aires
- Paradise Coffee Srl
- Via Montenapoleone
- Milan Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Milan
- What to See in 48 Hours in Milan
- What to See in 72 Hours in Milan
- How to Spend 5 Days in Milan
- How to Spend 6 Days in Milan
- How to Spend 7 Days in Milan