Mudec - Museo Delle Culture, Milan
About Mudec - Museo Delle Culture, Milan
Mudec - Museo Delle Culture, Milan - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Via Tortona, 56, 20144 Milano, Italy
Ticket Price: 5 EUR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
Added 71 times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
It took the efforts of two hundred years and hundreds of people to bring this collection into existence. It is an ethnographic museum, focusing on far flung cultures such as Middle and Far East, South and Central America, West and Central Africa, and Southeast Asia and Oceania. Not all of the 1200 artefacts here were sourced by purchase or donation - some were acquisitions of outright colonial plunder.
The collections of the museum include: archaeological artefacts, a mineral collection, objects collected by missionaries and explorers of the 18th and 19th centuries, colonial exploits, Chinese and Japanese decorative art, items from the International Exposition in Milan in 1906, and private post-war collections.
The 17,000 square feet of the museum, located inside an old industrial plant, also includes an auditorium, bistrot, design store, cafe, a library, and workshops. Check the museum website for current and upcoming special exhibitions.
Mudec - Museo Delle Culture Information
- Lots of parking available.
Mudec - Museo Delle Culture Ticket Prices
- Reduced Price € 3,00 for students, aged 14-26, over 65, visitors with disabilities, veterans
- Audio Guide: EUR 5
- Special exhibitions may have their own prices.
Mudec - Museo Delle Culture Opening and Closing Hours
- Monday 7.30pm - 10.30pm
- Tuesday to Saturday 12.00am - 2.30pm and 7.30pm - 10.30pm
- 31 October; 1, 2, and 7 November; 26 December; 2 January; 14 February: 9.30 am - 7.30 pm
- 24, 31 December 9.30 am - 2 pm
- 25 December, 1 January 2.30 pm - 7.30 pm
- Special exhibitions may have their own times.
How To reach Mudec - Museo Delle Culture by Public Transport
- Trams 2, Buses 74 and 325 stop Via Valenza Alzaia Nav. Grande
- Bus 68 stop Via Bergognone
- Buses 90, 91 stop P.le Delle Milizie V.le Troya
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Milan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Milan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Mudec - Museo Delle Culture, Milan Reviews - Write a Review
The building is ampressive but the exbition is not very good to my taste. It's important to know that this is NOT an art/design museum.
Went to see a temporary of Kandinsky. Renovated industrial building with good exhibition space. The permanent collection is relevant the different cultures. Bit very big
Nice building, but that's it. Very expensive but very ordinary things on offer in both gift shop and cafe. Rude staff. Deceiving descriptions of exhibitions to cover up for a poor choice of objects exposed.
A must-see museum for the amazing architecture. Plus, interesting exhibitions happen here like the current "Klimt experience" and Frida by next February 2018.
Rude staff and overpriced, secondary exhibitions. In fact, overpriced everything - from gifts in the gift shop to cafe, both offering very uninteresting and banal things. For anyone willing to come here, strongly advise to study well what is on offer or you might be very decieved!
- Nearby Attractions
- Chiesa Di San Marco
- Museo Del Risorgimento
- Fontana Di Piazza San Babila
- Leonardo Da Vinci's Horse
- Via Paolo Sarpi
- Via Manzoni
- Parco Di Trenno
- Sant'antonio Abate
- Orto Botanico Di Brera
- San Sepolcro
- Milan Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Milan
- What to See in 48 Hours in Milan
- What to See in 72 Hours in Milan
- How to Spend 5 Days in Milan
- How to Spend 6 Days in Milan
- How to Spend 7 Days in Milan