Palazzo Marino, Milan
About Palazzo Marino, Milan
Palazzo Marino, Milan - Address, Phone Number
Address: Piazza della Scala, 2, 20121 Milano, Italy
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 4.6K times in trip plans
Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This 16th century palace was designed by architect Galeazzo Alessi and some of Milan's foremost sculptors at the time. It was built for the Genoan merchant Tommaso Marino. Since 1861, it has continuously functioned as Milan's City Hall. Check out the sculptures of Heracles and Metamorphoses (the latter by Ovid) in the courtyard. See the frescoes on the ceiling of the main hall (Salone dell'Alessi), which depict the Muses, Bacchus, Apollo and Mercury. The other treasures of the palace are in its tapestries and frescoes.
Palazzo Marino Information
- Audio guides available in English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Portuguese, Japanese, Arabic.
Palazzo Marino Opening and Closing Hours
- Guided tours on Mondays and Wednesdays, booking needed.
- Free guided tours: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays: 9:30am, 10:30am, 11:30am, 2pm, and 3pm.
How To reach Palazzo Marino by Public Transport
- Tram 1 stop Teatro Alla Scala.
- Subway 1 stop Cordusio
- Tram 16, 27, NM1 stop Cordusio M1
- M1, M3 stop Duomo
- Trams 24, 12, 16, 27, 2, 3, 14 stop Duomo.
- Bus 61 stop Via Monte Di Pieta' Via Verdi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Milan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Milan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Palazzo Marino, Milan Reviews - Write a Review
City council resides here, amazing architecture that worth a visit
Wonderful palace, home of the city council. One of the 4 best monuments of Milan, if you have the opportunity you must see the interior of the building.
Beautiful palace. It´s the home of the city council.
Great design, we didn't have time to explore the interior but the facade was great.
A gem, it warm's the cockles!
- Nearby Attractions
- Monkey Cocktail Bar
- Mercato Metropolitano
- Via Spadari, 13
- Ostello Bello Grande
- Hotel Aurora Milan
- Park Hyatt Milan
- Zani Viaggi- Milan Visitor Center
- Milan Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Milan
- What to See in 48 Hours in Milan
- What to See in 72 Hours in Milan
- How to Spend 5 Days in Milan
- How to Spend 6 Days in Milan
- How to Spend 7 Days in Milan