San Giorgio Al Palazzo4 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Piazza S. Giorgio, 2, 20123 Milano MI, Italy
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Tower
Founded in 750 AD by archbishop Natalis, given a Baroque makeover in 1623, this unassuming looking church is famous for the vibrant frescoes of its Passion Chapel. They were painted by Bernardino Luini in the 16th century. The facade you see today is from the 18th century. The neoclassical dome and bell tower were built in 1899. It's said that long before any christian churches, there were temples on this spot dedicated to Mercury and Apollo.
How to Reach San Giorgio Al Palazzo
- Trams 2, 3, 14 stop Via Torino Via S. Maria Valle
- Subway 3 stop Missori
- Tram 16, 24 stop Missori M3
- M1, M3 stop Duomo
- Trams 24, 12, 16, 27, 2, 3, 14 stop Duomo
- Buses N15, N24 and NM 3 stop Duomo M1 M3
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Milan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Milan and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.02% of people who visit Milan include San Giorgio Al Palazzo in their plan
95% of people start their San Giorgio Al Palazzo visit around 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see San Giorgio Al Palazzo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting San Giorgio Al Palazzo