San Giovanni In ConcaCurrently Closed
- Address: Piazza Giuseppe Missori, 20122 Milano, Italy
- Timings: 09:00 am - 12:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0277404343
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
San Giovanni In Conca - Review
The erstwhile basilica of San Giovanni in Conca was a 4th century church. Renovated in the 11th century, destroyed by Barbarossa in the 12th, it was rebuilt again in the 13th and was the burial place of Bernabò Visconti, though the monument is now in Sforzesco Castle. The church was demolished again in 1949, leaving only the apse and the crypt. The crypt is now the only Romanesque one remaining in Milan. Artwork from the demolished church, including the floor mosaics, have been moved to other locations such as Civic Archaeological Museum of Milan and the Sforzesco Castle.
San Giovanni In Conca Information
- The crypt can only be accessed by appointment if visiting in groups.
How To reach San Giovanni In Conca by Public Transport
- Trams 12, 16, 15, 24, 27; Buses 54, NM1 stop Missori M3
- Subway Line 3 stop Missori
- Trams 2, 3, 14 stop Via Torino Via Palla
- M1, M3 stop Duomo
- Trams 24, 12, 16, 27, 2, 3, 14 stop Duomo
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Milan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Milan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting San Giovanni In Conca
0.08% of people who visit Milan include San Giovanni In Conca in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
95% of people start their San Giovanni In Conca visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see San Giovanni In Conca
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting San Giovanni In Conca