Sant'alessandro In ZebediaCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Piazza Giuseppe Missori, 4, 20122 Milan, Italy
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0286453065
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
It is held that before even the 9th century church which was replaced by the building you see today, there was a Roman Pretorium in which the martyr Sant'Alessandro was held prisoner. The current church was built in the early 17th century by Lorenzo Binago and Francesco Maria Richini. The pretty facade is known for its bas reliefs and two campaniles. Inside, the decorations are mostly by Lombard Baroque artists, a lavish ornamentation of bas reliefs, frescoes, and gilding work. The main altar is of a rare marble, and studded with semi-precious stones.
- Times given here are based on other churches in the city. Confirm before your visit.
- The church may be closed between 12:00pm and 3:00pm.
- Trams 12, 16, 15, 24, 27; Buses 54, NM1 stop Missori M3
- Subway Line 3 stop Missori
- Trams 2, 3, 14 stop Via Torino Via Palla
- M1, M3 stop Duomo
- Trams 24, 12, 16, 27, 2, 3, 14 stop Duomo
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Milan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Milan and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.04% of people who visit Milan include Sant'alessandro In Zebedia in their plan
95% of people start their Sant'alessandro In Zebedia visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Sant'alessandro In Zebedia
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sant'alessandro In Zebedia