Santa Maria Presso San Celso13 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Corso Italia, 37, 20122 Milano, Italy
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0258313187
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site
This 15th century church stands out for its huge 16th century Mannerist style facade with a rose window and Romanesque portal by Galeazzo Alessi. It was built on the site of a 4th century church dedicated to the martyr Saint Celsus, which was rebuilt in the 11th century. All the at remains of the 11th century church is the bell tower. The building you see today was built to house a miraculous icon of the Madonna. Young brides of Milan bring a bouquet of flowers to the Madonna after their wedding. Inside, the church is lavishly decorated with artwork from Milan's Renaissance and Baroque times. See the lovely marble statue of the Assunta. Check the 14th fresco of the Madonna and Child on the left aisle.
Santa Maria Presso San Celso Hours
- Times given are based on other church times around the city. Confirm before you visit.
- The church may be closed between 12:00pm and 3:00pm.
How to Reach Santa Maria Presso San Celso
- Tram 15, Bus N15 stop C.so Italia Via Lusardi
- Bus 94 stop C.so Italia Via S. Sofia
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Milan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Milan and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.08% of people who visit Milan include Santa Maria Presso San Celso in their plan
33.33% of people start their Santa Maria Presso San Celso visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Santa Maria Presso San Celso
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Santa Maria Presso San Celso