Milwaukee County Zoo271 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 10001 W Bluemound Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53226, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4147713040
- Ticket Price: 14 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids
Milwaukee County Zoo was opened in 1892 to display small birds and mammals. Around 200 acres area of this zoo houses more than eighteen hundred animals. Besides local gorilla Samson, Milwaukee County Zoo is also considered as the second birthplace of siamangs and polar bears. Major exhibits of the zoo are comprised of –
- Humboldt penguins of Taylor’s family
- Aviary of more than sixty species including Bali mynah, scarlet ibis, Caribbean flamingo, , rhinoceros hornbill, and lots more.
- Japanese Macaques
- Reptiles and other aquatic creatures
- Otto Brochette
- Primates of earlier world
Whenever you are paying a visit in Milwaukee County Zoo, you would be delighted to train safari through the zoo on its 381 mm gauge miniature railway track.
Milwaukee County Zoo Travel Tips
- Do not feed the animals.
- Children need to have an adult supervisor.
Entrance Ticket Details For Milwaukee County Zoo
January 1 through March 31 & November 1 through December 31:
- Adult: $ 11.75
- Child (age 3 to 12): $ 8.75
- Child (2 and under): Free
- Senior Citizen (age 60 and over): $ 10.25
April 1 through October 31:
- Adult: $ 14.25
- Child (age 3 to 12): $ 11.25
- Child (2 and under): Free
- Senior Citizen (age 60 and over): $ 13.25
Free Entry for Milwaukee residents on Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Years.
For group rates, rentals prices and discounts, visit the official website.
Milwaukee County Zoo Hours
- Timings may change every year. Visit the official website for more information.
- Small Mammals building opens at 10.00 am. Entrance gates close 45 minutes prior to Zoo closing time. Animal buildings close 15 minutes prior to Zoo closing time.
How to Reach Milwaukee County Zoo
- By Bus: At Bluemound & Stcamillus #521
- By Train: At Safari Train Main Station
- By Taxi
- By Car/Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Milwaukee before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Milwaukee and book an accommodation of your choice.
32.26% of people who visit Milwaukee include Milwaukee County Zoo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
64.91% of people start their Milwaukee County Zoo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Milwaukee County Zoo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Milwaukee County Zoo
Milwaukee County Zoo Reviews & Ratings
what is the special exhibit this yearAnswer Report Abuse
The special exhibit at Milwaukee County Zoo for 2019 is Brick Dinos.Report Abuse
do you have scooters for elderly or handicapped peopleAnswer Report Abuse
Yes, there are free wheelchairs and electric scooters are available on rent for USD 30.Report Abuse
what do you have for handycapped people to get aroundAnswer Report Abuse
Milwaukee County Zoo offers free wheelchairs to get around the zoo.Report Abuse
how much are train ride P/P? Same price for kids & adult?Answer Report Abuse
The train ticket in Milwaukee County Zoo ranges between 3-6 USD per person for adults as well as kids (between 3-13). You may confirm by calling the zoo staff on (414) 256-5412.Report Abuse
I AM A ZOO PASS MEMBER. CAN I USE THE PICNIC TABLES FOR LUNCH TOMORROW?Answer Report Abuse
Try calling the zoo on (414)-256-5432 to confirm this information.Report Abuse
How much is a yearly pass for a family? I would like to give one as a Christmas gift.Answer Report Abuse
Firstly, Happy Holidays to you! :)
Family Pass for Two adults living at the same address (both names must be on card) and member's minor children and/or grandchildren (17 yrs. and younger) are offered by the Zoological Society of Milwaukee as
Plus (including parking): $140