Pabst Mansion346 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 2000 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53233, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4149310808
- Ticket Price: 12 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Heritage Building, Mansion
Built in 1890 as a home for Captain Frederick Pabst (Milwaukee’s Beer Baron), the Pabst Mansion is one of the fine buildings which have stood the test of time in Milwaukee. The Mansion accommodates the Baron’s and his Wife’s beautiful art collection and after their death has been used as the Archbishop’s residence in 1908.
After trying time sand surviving many demolishment proposals, today, the Mansion gives you are peek into the artwork, furnishings and architecture of the 19th century.
If you truly want a walk through the royal side of Milwaukee, this is it!
Pabst Mansion Travel Tips
- For general admission, you can walk in to see the place. However, for group visits and special tours like the Public Grand tour, you will need reservations.
Entrance Ticket Details For Pabst Mansion
- Adults: $ 12
- Seniors (62+) / College Students: $ 11
- Children ages 6 - 17: $ 7
- Under 6 years of age: Free
A Grand Christmas Avenue:
- Adults: $ 13
- Seniors (62+) / College Students: $ 12
- Children ages 6 - 17: $ 8
- Under 6 years of age: Free
Prices and hours subject to change. The Pabst Mansion is wheelchair accessible.
For other tours and group prices, visits the official website.
Pabst Mansion Hours
- Tours Closed: Wednesdays, January - February, Easter.
- Christmas timings vary, check official website for details.
- Open with Limited Hours: Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve.
- For other tour timings, half working days and change in timings, visits the official website.
How to Reach Pabst Mansion
- By Bus: At Wisconsin & N19 #414
- By Train: At Amtrak Station - MKE
- By Taxi
- By Car/Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Milwaukee before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Milwaukee and book an accommodation of your choice.
65.16% of people who visit Milwaukee include Pabst Mansion in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
58.06% of people start their Pabst Mansion visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Pabst Mansion
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pabst Mansion
Pabst Mansion Reviews & Ratings
The Pabst Mansion is a stunning Flemish revival structure - very ornate with heavy German influence as you would expect from a leading beer family. The tour guides are well-informed and make the tour interesting. Guided tours are on the hour, but what is not clear in advance is that you MUST take a guided tour - you cannot walk through at your own pace. So don't show up at 10 minutes after the hour because you'll be waiting awhile for the next tour. Plan ahead and you will be glad you visited this property. Pabst Mansion makes the family and beer industry culture more understandable than if you only tour a brewery.
We are so glad we toured the mansion while in Milwaukee. It's well worth the time and the tour price is reasonable. We toured on a Sunday and wanted the noon tour since we were heading onto Green Bay that day and didn't want to be delayed. A good tip is to check if the gift shop has opened early to sell tickets. We got there slightly before noon to find out others had bought tickets already. We snagged the last four tickets so it worked out.
Fascinating tour and docent (Barb) did a great job describing the history and architecture. It appears a "behind the scenes" tour is offered to go more in depth with details and visit more areas of house (attic and basement) - would have loved to do that, so will try for it on a future visit.
Absolutely beautiful restoration work has been done to this building. The tour was great, very knowledgeable tour guide. Highly recommend going on the tour, well worth it.
Tha History is fascinating! It was so interesting to see how the privileged lived during that time! The craftmanship of that time is astounding! We were in AWE! Our guide was superb as well! Go see this if you're in the area! I still think back on it!