Visit Minneapolis - Best of Minneapolis
It is one half of the twin cities of Minneapolis- St. Paul’s. It is also the largest city of Minnesota consisting of further districts as follows:
- Downtown- This is the Central Business District with the major sports and theater venues and also clubs, parks, restaurants. It has excellent nightlife.
- The South consists of the West Bank, Seward, Midtown, Nokomis, Longfellow, and Minnehaha Park.
- The Southwest consists of the Uptown, Lyn-Lake, Linden Hills, Eat Street, and the Chain of Lakes. Lots of indie theatre, music cafes and bars. This is one of the most popular tourist attraction areas in the city.
- North consists of Uptown, Lyn-Lake, Linden Hills, Eat Street, and the Chain of Lakes are more bohemian, funky place. Lots of grunge and tattoos. It’s favorite for young families.
- Northeast is the birthplace of the city and here you will come across the real history in Old Saint Anthony, old Victorian houses on Nicollet Island; fantastic ethnic food, and fun social clubs.
- The South East has Dinkytown, Prospect Park, Como, and the University of Minnesota.
The name "Minneapolis", meaning "The City of Lakes" in a mash-up of the Dakota word ‘minne’ and the Ancient Greek word ‘polis’, refers to the city's 22 natural lakes together they call it Chain Of Lakes.
The city is also one of the most festive in the country! They have the one largest state fairs in the USA. They have Zombie runs. They have Prides. They have Zombie pub crawls. They have a Renaissance Festival!
Minneapolis Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Minneapolis tips for your visit
- Smoking is not allowed in Minneapolis.
- Dial 911 for emergencies and 311 for non-emergencies.
- Keep your eyes open and your ears too always.
- The Near North, Camden and Phillip districts are not at all safe at night. Avoid even driving by these places during these times.
- Clothing is very important here due to the extremes in temperatures. Wear warm coats during the winter and waterproof footwear during the summers and monsoons. Even during the summers, keep your hands covered to escape from the sharp heat.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Minneapolis and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Minneapolis- Know before you go to Minneapolis
Facts and Stats for Minneapolis*
Pollution Statistics in Minneapolis
Know the pollution level of Minneapolis before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 15.48 (Very Low)
Water Pollution 24.32 (Low)
Noise and Light Pollution 37.5 (Low)
Unattended dirt and garbage 15.54 (Very Low)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 16.67 (Very Low)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 13.19 (Very Low)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 11.25 (Very Low)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 8.78 (Very Low)
Minneapolis: Crime and Safety
How safe is Minneapolis for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Minneapolis.
Burglary and Theft 43.65 (Moderate)
Mugging and Robbery 44.23 (Moderate)
Assault and Armed Robbery 50.38 (Moderate)
Corruption and Bribery 40.63 (Moderate)
Car Stealing 34.92 (Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 50 (Moderate)
Attacks 40.23 (Moderate)
Drug offense 51.95 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during daylight 76.54 (High)
Safety walking alone during night 36.72 (Low)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 42.69 (Moderate)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 32.31 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 53.52 (Moderate)
Living in Minneapolis - Quality of Life
Quality of Life Index of Minneapolis is 189.05 (Very High)
Safety Index 53.43 (Moderate)
Climate Index 49.46 (Moderate)
Pollution Index 19.85 (Very Low)
Traffic Commute Time Index 33.1 (Low)
Cost of Living Index 76.51 (Moderate)
Health Care Index 79.99 (High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 3.03 (Very Low)
Purchasing Power Index 135.8 (Very High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Minneapolis
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Minneapolis
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.1 USD
International Movie per seat 11 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 34.11 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 82.59 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 41.8 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Minneapolis Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Minneapolis
Minneapolis Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Minneapolis
4 Reviews Duration: Flexible
Hungry for an off-the-beaten path Minneapolis food experience? Join us as we explore one of the city's trendy and historical ...
1 Reviews Duration: 3 Hrs
This is a seasonal 3 hour walking food tour of downtown Minneapolis. Treat yourself to a Saturday afternoon getting to know t...
4 Reviews Duration: 3 Hrs 30 Mins
Craft public brewery tour of local breweries in the Twin Cities area. Tours include a free drink at Sociable Cider Werks, a p...
8 Reviews Duration: 3 Hrs
Take the Historic Northeast Food Tasting and Cultural Walking Tour and discover some of the best eateries in the area. As you...
- Cities Near Minneapolis
- West Saint Paul Tourism
- Mendota Heights Tourism
- St Paul Tourism
- Sunfish Lake Tourism
- Inver Grove Heights Tourism
- South Saint Paul Tourism
- Bayport Tourism
- Ogilvie Tourism
- Watkins Tourism
- Top cities from United States
- Miami Tourism
- Los Angeles Tourism
- New York City Tourism
- Chicago Tourism
- Las Vegas Tourism
- San Francisco Tourism
- Big Sur Tourism
- Monterey Tourism
- Centralia Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Paris Tourism
- Prague Tourism
- Rome Tourism
- Rio De Janeiro Tourism
- London Tourism
- Barcelona Tourism
- Verul Tourism
- Raigarh Fort Tourism
- Badnapur Tourism