Visit Minneapolis - Best of Minneapolis
It is one half of the twin cities of Minneapolis- St. Paul’s. It is also the largest city of Minnesota consisting of further districts as follows:
- Downtown- This is the Central Business District with the major sports and theater venues and also clubs, parks, restaurants. It has excellent nightlife.
- The South consists of the West Bank, Seward, Midtown, Nokomis, Longfellow, and Minnehaha Park.
- The Southwest consists of the Uptown, Lyn-Lake, Linden Hills, Eat Street, and the Chain of Lakes. Lots of indie theatre, music cafes and bars. This is one of the most popular tourist attraction areas in the city.
- North consists of Uptown, Lyn-Lake, Linden Hills, Eat Street, and the Chain of Lakes are more bohemian, funky place. Lots of grunge and tattoos. It’s favorite for young families.
- Northeast is the birthplace of the city and here you will come across the real history in Old Saint Anthony, old Victorian houses on Nicollet Island; fantastic ethnic food, and fun social clubs.
- The South East has Dinkytown, Prospect Park, Como, and the University of Minnesota.
The name "Minneapolis", meaning "The City of Lakes" in a mash-up of the Dakota word ‘minne’ and the Ancient Greek word ‘polis’, refers to the city's 22 natural lakes together they call it Chain Of Lakes.
The city is also one of the most festive in the country! They have the one largest state fairs in the USA. They have Zombie runs. They have Prides. They have Zombie pub crawls. They have a Renaissance Festival!
Minneapolis Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Minneapolis tips for your visit
- Smoking is not allowed in Minneapolis.
- Dial 911 for emergencies and 311 for non-emergencies.
- Keep your eyes open and your ears too always.
- The Near North, Camden and Phillip districts are not at all safe at night. Avoid even driving by these places during these times.
- Clothing is very important here due to the extremes in temperatures. Wear warm coats during the winter and waterproof footwear during the summers and monsoons. Even during the summers, keep your hands covered to escape from the sharp heat.
Are you looking for a Minneapolis travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Minneapolis Tourist Information
- Parks And Gardens
- Amusement Parks
- Bowling Spots
- Casinos And Gaming
- Dog Parks
- Convenience Stores
- Burger Shops
- Chinese Restaurants
- Fast Foods
- Italian Restaurants
- Mexican Restaurants
- Pizza Shops
- Thai Restaurants
- Vegan Restaurants
- Food Trucks
- Gas Stations
- Bus Stations
- Rail Stations
Minneapolis Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Minneapolis
Minneapolis Riverwalk Food Tour4 Reviews
Hungry for an off-the-beaten path Minneapolis food experience?Join in as weexplore one of the city's trendy and historical ne...Book Now
Historic Northeast Minneapolis Food Tour8 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs
Discover some of the best eateries in Minneapolis during the Historic Northeast Food Tasting and Cultural Walking Tour. Exper...Book Now
Save 7%FlyOver America
Duration: 25 Mins
See America like never before! With FlyOver America you'll feel like you are truly flying with wind, scents, mist and other a...
Minneapolis Nordeast River District Food TourNew on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs
Take a stroll along the Mississippi River in the historical Northeast neighborhood. This guided tour starts on the oldest str...Book Now
Popular Hotels in MinneapolisView all Hotels in Minneapolis
More about Minneapolis
15 Best Romantic Weekend Getaways in MinnesotaLooking for a romantic weekend in Minnesota? Here's the list of best weekend getaways in Minnesota for couples!
Best Islands of Minnesota To Visit in 2018Explore the best islands of Minnesota. Check out the best islands in Minnesota
15 Best All Inclusive Resorts In MinnesotaLooking for best all inclusive resorts in Minnesota. Here's a list of the best resorts in Minnesota. Book best all inclusive accommodation in Minnesota for a vacation
Facts and Stats for Minneapolis*
Pollution Statistics in Minneapolis
Know the pollution level of Minneapolis before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 16.67 (Very Low)
Water Pollution 26.74 (Low)
Noise and Light Pollution 36.9 (Low)
Unattended dirt and garbage 18.02 (Very Low)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 16.67 (Very Low)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 15.24 (Very Low)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 13.04 (Very Low)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 12.21 (Very Low)
Minneapolis: Crime and Safety
How safe is Minneapolis for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Minneapolis.
Burglary and Theft 45.33 (Moderate)
Mugging and Robbery 45.78 (Moderate)
Assault and Armed Robbery 51.3 (Moderate)
Corruption and Bribery 41.12 (Moderate)
Car Stealing 35.33 (Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 51.64 (Moderate)
Attacks 41.45 (Moderate)
Drug offense 52.96 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during daylight 73.38 (High)
Safety walking alone during night 35.86 (Low)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 44.08 (Moderate)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 32.47 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 53.95 (Moderate)
Living in Minneapolis - Quality of Life
Quality of Life Index of Minneapolis is 185.59 (Very High)
Safety Index 51.77 (Moderate)
Climate Index 49.46 (Moderate)
Pollution Index 21.51 (Low)
Traffic Commute Time Index 33.73 (Low)
Cost of Living Index 74.68 (Moderate)
Health Care Index 79.81 (High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 3.08 (Very Low)
Purchasing Power Index 132.61 (Very High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Minneapolis
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Minneapolis
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.15 USD
International Movie per seat 12 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 40.33 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 82.48 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 45.21 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.