It is one half of the twin cities of Minneapolis- St. Paul’s. It is also the largest city of Minnesota consisting of further districts as follows:
- Downtown- This is the Central Business District with the major sports and theater venues and also clubs, parks, restaurants. It has excellent nightlife.
- The South consists of the West Bank, Seward, Midtown, Nokomis, Longfellow, and Minnehaha Park.
- The Southwest consists of the Uptown, Lyn-Lake, Linden Hills, Eat Street, and the Chain of Lakes. Lots of indie theatre, music cafes and bars. This is one of the most popular tourist attraction areas in the city.
- North consists of Uptown, Lyn-Lake, Linden Hills, Eat Street, and the Chain of Lakes are more bohemian, funky place. Lots of grunge and tattoos. It’s favorite for young families.
- Northeast is the birthplace of the city and here you will come across the real history in Old Saint Anthony, old Victorian houses on Nicollet Island; fantastic ethnic food, and fun social clubs.
- The South East has Dinkytown, Prospect Park, Como, and the University of Minnesota.
The name "Minneapolis", meaning "The City of Lakes" in a mash-up of the Dakota word ‘minne’ and the Ancient Greek word ‘polis’, refers to the city's 22 natural lakes together they call it Chain Of Lakes.
The city is also one of the most festive in the country! They have the one largest state fairs in the USA. They have Zombie runs. They have Prides. They have Zombie pub crawls. They have a Renaissance Festival!
Explore the best travel planner for your visit to Minneapolis and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!