Visit Minneapolis - Best of Minneapolis
It is one half of the twin cities of Minneapolis- St. Paul’s. It is also the largest city of Minnesota consisting of further districts as follows:
- Downtown- This is the Central Business District with the major sports and theater venues and also clubs, parks, restaurants. It has excellent nightlife.
- The South consists of the West Bank, Seward, Midtown, Nokomis, Longfellow, and Minnehaha Park.
- The Southwest consists of the Uptown, Lyn-Lake, Linden Hills, Eat Street, and the Chain of Lakes. Lots of indie theatre, music cafes and bars. This is one of the most popular tourist attraction areas in the city.
- North consists of Uptown, Lyn-Lake, Linden Hills, Eat Street, and the Chain of Lakes are more bohemian, funky place. Lots of grunge and tattoos. It’s favorite for young families.
- Northeast is the birthplace of the city and here you will come across the real history in Old Saint Anthony, old Victorian houses on Nicollet Island; fantastic ethnic food, and fun social clubs.
- The South East has Dinkytown, Prospect Park, Como, and the University of Minnesota.
The name "Minneapolis", meaning "The City of Lakes" in a mash-up of the Dakota word ‘minne’ and the Ancient Greek word ‘polis’, refers to the city's 22 natural lakes together they call it Chain Of Lakes.
The city is also one of the most festive in the country! They have the one largest state fairs in the USA. They have Zombie runs. They have Prides. They have Zombie pub crawls. They have a Renaissance Festival!
Minneapolis Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Minneapolis tips for your visit
- Smoking is not allowed in Minneapolis.
- Dial 911 for emergencies and 311 for non-emergencies.
- Keep your eyes open and your ears too always.
- The Near North, Camden and Phillip districts are not at all safe at night. Avoid even driving by these places during these times.
- Clothing is very important here due to the extremes in temperatures. Wear warm coats during the winter and waterproof footwear during the summers and monsoons. Even during the summers, keep your hands covered to escape from the sharp heat.
Are you looking for a Minneapolis travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Minneapolis Tourist Information
- Parks And Gardens
- Amusement Parks
- Bowling Spots
- Casinos And Gaming
- Dog Parks
- Convenience Stores
- Burger Shops
- Chinese Restaurants
- Fast Foods
- Italian Restaurants
- Mexican Restaurants
- Pizza Shops
- Thai Restaurants
- Vegan Restaurants
- Food Trucks
- Gas Stations
- Bus Stations
- Rail Stations
Minneapolis Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Minneapolis
Special Ops Escape Room New on TripHobo
Duration: 1 Hrs
Can you save the world? Located in the Mall of America, The Escape Game offers an escape from ordinary life and allows you to...Book Now
Historic St Paul Cathedral Hill Food Tour New on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs 30 Mins
The St. Paul Historic Food Tasting and Cultural Walking Tour showcases the Cathedral Hill neighborhood. Well visit Selby Aven...Book Now
Sam's World War II Tour New on TripHobo
Duration: 2 Hrs
Sams enthusiasm for history will take you back to an era that, as FDR coined; Will live in infamy. The Commemorative Air Forc...Book Now
Minneapolis Nordeast River District Food Tour New on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs
Take a stroll along the Mississippi River in the historical Northeast neighborhood. This guided tour starts on the oldest str...Book Now
Popular Hotels in MinneapolisView all Hotels in Minneapolis
- North Saint Paul Tourism
- Little Sauk Tourism
- Emmons Tourism
- Maple Hill Tourism
- Osage Tourism
- Mabel Tourism
- Graettinger Tourism
- West Bend Tourism
- Luana Tourism
- Vesper Tourism
- Iron Junction Tourism
- Mountain Iron Tourism
- Miami Tourism
- Los Angeles Tourism
- New York City Tourism
- Chicago Tourism
- Las Vegas Tourism
- San Francisco Tourism
- Seattle Tourism
- San Jose Tourism
- Saint Louis Tourism
Facts and Stats for Minneapolis*
Pollution Statistics in Minneapolis
Know the pollution level of Minneapolis before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 16.3 (Very Low)
Water Pollution 26.22 (Low)
Noise and Light Pollution 37.5 (Low)
Unattended dirt and garbage 17.07 (Very Low)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 17.5 (Very Low)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 15.38 (Very Low)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 13.07 (Very Low)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 12.2 (Very Low)
Minneapolis: Crime and Safety
How safe is Minneapolis for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Minneapolis.
Burglary and Theft 45.27 (Moderate)
Mugging and Robbery 44.74 (Moderate)
Assault and Armed Robbery 50 (Moderate)
Corruption and Bribery 40.67 (Moderate)
Car Stealing 34.8 (Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 50.67 (Moderate)
Attacks 40.67 (Moderate)
Drug offense 51.67 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during daylight 74.34 (High)
Safety walking alone during night 37 (Low)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 43 (Moderate)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 31.25 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 53 (Moderate)
Living in Minneapolis - Quality of Life
Quality of Life Index of Minneapolis is 186.82 (Very High)
Safety Index 53.25 (Moderate)
Climate Index 49.46 (Moderate)
Pollution Index 21.37 (Low)
Traffic Commute Time Index 34.04 (Low)
Cost of Living Index 73.48 (Moderate)
Health Care Index 79.92 (High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 3.01 (Very Low)
Purchasing Power Index 133.41 (Very High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Minneapolis
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Minneapolis
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.1 USD
International Movie per seat 11 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 40.86 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 81.09 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 41.48 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.