Lake Harriet451 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 10:00 pm]
- Address: Minneapolis MN 55419, United States
- Timings: 06:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Water Sport, Lake
It is a lake in the south western part of the city and is surrounded by a park land. It is just beside the Calhoun Lake and forms a part of the Chain of Lakes. It is the deepest among all the lakes of the chain. The lake has been named after Harriet Lovejoy who lived here with her husband Colonel Henry Leavenworth in Fort Snelling. The lake was called as ‘MdeUnme’ meaning other lake by the local Dakota people.
- It is a popular recreation destination for pedestrians, walkers, bikers and also has sailing amenities. The twin beaches here are the perfect picnic spot for everyone.
- Every summer this lake is the destination for many concerts in its beautiful castle shaped band shell
- There is an elf house in on the base of an ash tree. It is said that during the spring time if someone leaves a letter for the elf, the person will definitely get a reply in the next few days. The place is closed during the winters.
- The lake contains many rare and colorful varieties of fishes that also make it a good fishing spot.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Minneapolis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Minneapolis and book an accommodation of your choice.
34.77% of people who visit Minneapolis include Lake Harriet in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
39.66% of people start their Lake Harriet visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Lake Harriet
90.74% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lake Harriet
Lake Harriet Reviews & Ratings
It,s called use satellite to find the plane.
There was no plane there is only cell boat on the surface of water on the lake
Guys the plane is probably on google earth
I didn’t see this palne
Great lake, good beaches, and an airplane in the middle of the lake. Great for vacations they said.