Midtown GreenwayCurrently Open
- Address: Minneapolis, MN, US, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Family And Kids
This is a long stretch of parkway that was once a railroad corridor. It is owned by Hennepin Country Railroad Authority and is considered as the best biking and cycling road in the whole city. It connects with the Minneapolis Chain of Lakes to the western side and the LRT Trail on the south west. To the east, it connects with paths along the Mississippi River.
It is also a stretch of diverse economy and ethnicity with the chain of good shops and restaurants and clubs along the whole stretch. An express rail service is expected to run along this stretch in a few years time.
Midtown Greenway Travel Tips
- Stick as far to the right side of the trail as possible, and in your designated lane (i.e., pedestrians stay out of the bike lanes and bikers stay out of the pedestrian lanes).
- When passing, announce your intentions LOUDLY and BEFORE you pass—“On your left!” lets the person ahead of you know to move over and to not have a heart attack when you go speeding by.
- Be aware that other people may want to pass you! Listen (not to your iPod—to the world!), and stick to the right.
- Be predictable. Check in front of you and behind you before you turn, to ensure that no one is there. Use hand signals to alert other trail users of your intentions, especially when exiting the trail.
- Yield to slower and oncoming traffic.
- Obey traffic signs and signals at crossings.
- Pull off the trail to stop.
- Clean up litter! A clean Greenway is a safe Greenway.
- Be hyper-aware when merging onto the trail or passing an entrance ramp—a lot of the entrance points don’t have great visibility, and collisions are best avoided if everybody is paying attention.
- When the trail is busy, ride single file.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Minneapolis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Minneapolis and book an accommodation of your choice.
3.78% of people who visit Minneapolis include Midtown Greenway in their plan
95% of people start their Midtown Greenway visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Midtown Greenway