Mill City Museum562 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 704 S 2nd St, Minneapolis, MN 55401, 55401, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6123417555
- Ticket Price: 11 USD
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museums, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Social, Arts, Museums
This is a historical Society Museum that was built in 2003 on the ruins of the Washburn ‘A’ Mill. This was a flour mill that was considered as the largest in the world after it was established. It was a symbol of the industrial growth in the city. The museum stresses on the growth of the city, especially flour milling and on the other industries that used to utilize the water power of the St. Anthony Falls.
The whole tour of the museum is a show in which you get to know the history of Minneapolis and the large flour milling industry here. There is everything from a water lab, baking lab and mill machinery.
- There is a flour tower in the center in which there is a freight cab where you will sit. This will take you on a tour of the different floors of the museum. The floors of this museum resemble exactly that of the flour mill. The additional effects are the voices of the workers who worked in the museum.
- After this you will be able to exit from the 8th floor where the friendly staff will tell you all about the factory and mill machinery.
- The 9th floor is the most beautiful. It is a deck from where you can get the perfect view of the St. Anthony Falls.
Mill City Museum Travel Tips
- The Mill City music event is organized every year in the ruin area of the museum. This features bands of various genres from the twin city itself.
- Events and workshops are organized throughout the year. Check the website prior to your visit.
Entrance Ticket Details For Mill City Museum
- USD 9 (for senior citizens and students with ID).
- USD 6 for the age of children between six to seventeen.
- Free for the children below 5 years and members.
- Sea Change
- Zen Box Izakaya
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Minneapolis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Minneapolis and book an accommodation of your choice.
43.33% of people who visit Minneapolis include Mill City Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
87.23% of people start their Mill City Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Mill City Museum
74.07% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mill City Museum