Minneapolis Sculpture GardenCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: 725 Vineland Pl, Minneapolis, MN 55403, United States
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6123757600
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Family And Kids, Sculpture
This is the largest urban sculpture garden in the garden. The garden features some of the master pieces of world famous artists and sculptors. There are over 40 permanent exhibits and the others keep changing from time to time. This is done to give the garden a fresh feel every time you visit it.
The most attractive displays that you can look for in this park are:
- The Colossal spoon bridge and Cherry Fountain by Claes Oldenburg and Coosje Van Bruggen.
- The Irene Hixon Whitney footbridge that was designed by SiahArmajani. This connects the park with the Loring Park as well as the Downtown area of the city.
- Frank Gehry’s Standing Glass Fish located in the Palm Roof of the Cowles conservatory. This place has a collection of seasonal horticultural displays including orchids and other exotic species of fragrant flowers.
- The Allen Grossman Memorial Arbor on the northern boundary is a vine covered stainless steel arbor with lovely paintings of perennial and annual flowers.
- The park also hosts a number of other exhibitions the whole year round.
- Entry is free.
- Fountain and other light and sound shows are also organized in the evenings.
- It is the perfect morning and evening walkers’ destination as well as the afternoon gathering spot.
- Bus numbers 4’ 6 and 12 till Lyndale Ave S and Dunwoody Ave or Vineland Place
- Gather by D’Amico
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Minneapolis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Minneapolis and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Minneapolis include Minneapolis Sculpture Garden in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
56.67% of people start their Minneapolis Sculpture Garden visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
93.21% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
I came here for the spoon and cherry but stayed for all the other beautiful art! The windchimes in the large tree was so relaxing. The blue rooster....all of it was beautiful. You do have to pay for parking in the nearby lot but it was cheap. Admission is free. Its kid friendly but not sure if they would enjoy it. Wheelchair and stroller accessible. There is a bathroom in ones of the metal buildings by the parking lot.
What a beautiful place! We love it!!! beautiful art, beautiful flowers. I love the " music tree"! Well if u go specially in a windy day u will know what I'm taking about. I don't know what I feel when the close by church bells rings but, it's like magical. When we have family or friends over, it's one must to see spot from this wonderful lovely city.
Beautiful location in the heart of Minneapolis across from the Walker Art Center. It offers great skyline views of the city and some lovely modern art sculptures to view. There is limited on-street parking, an outdoor parking lot for $4/day or an underground lot attached to the Walker.
Outdoor sculpture garden on the edge of downtown Minneapolis adjacent to the Walker Art Center. It’s only a 15-20 minute walk from the center of downtown, or rent one of the many electric scooters parked everywhere. This place is amazing! Well laid out, clean, descriptions of artwork, this is a bucket list item for a trip to Minneapolis. There’s enough things to do and see here that you could spend the entire day.
Very cool place to relax and walk around. Tons of different artwork from all over the world. A local section would be pretty cool! Definitely read all the benches there is some nice witty stuff engraved