Minneapolis Sculpture Garden1026 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: 725 Vineland Pl, Minneapolis, MN 55403, United States
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6123757600
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Family And Kids, Sculpture
This is the largest urban sculpture garden in the garden. The garden features some of the master pieces of world famous artists and sculptors. There are over 40 permanent exhibits and the others keep changing from time to time. This is done to give the garden a fresh feel every time you visit it.
The most attractive displays that you can look for in this park are:
- The Colossal spoon bridge and Cherry Fountain by Claes Oldenburg and Coosje Van Bruggen.
- The Irene Hixon Whitney footbridge that was designed by SiahArmajani. This connects the park with the Loring Park as well as the Downtown area of the city.
- Frank Gehry’s Standing Glass Fish located in the Palm Roof of the Cowles conservatory. This place has a collection of seasonal horticultural displays including orchids and other exotic species of fragrant flowers.
- The Allen Grossman Memorial Arbor on the northern boundary is a vine covered stainless steel arbor with lovely paintings of perennial and annual flowers.
- The park also hosts a number of other exhibitions the whole year round.
Minneapolis Sculpture Garden Travel Tips
- Entry is free.
- Fountain and other light and sound shows are also organized in the evenings.
- It is the perfect morning and evening walkers’ destination as well as the afternoon gathering spot.
How to Reach Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
- Bus numbers 4’ 6 and 12 till Lyndale Ave S and Dunwoody Ave or Vineland Place
- Gather by D’Amico
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Minneapolis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Minneapolis and book an accommodation of your choice.
79.11% of people who visit Minneapolis include Minneapolis Sculpture Garden in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
56.67% of people start their Minneapolis Sculpture Garden visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
93.21% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Minneapolis Sculpture Garden