Minneapolis Sculpture GardenCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: 725 Vineland Pl, Minneapolis, MN 55403, United States
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6123757600
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Family And Kids, Sculpture
Minneapolis Sculpture Garden - Review
This is the largest urban sculpture garden in the garden. The garden features some of the master pieces of world famous artists and sculptors. There are over 40 permanent exhibits and the others keep changing from time to time. This is done to give the garden a fresh feel every time you visit it.
The most attractive displays that you can look for in this park are:
- The Colossal spoon bridge and Cherry Fountain by Claes Oldenburg and Coosje Van Bruggen.
- The Irene Hixon Whitney footbridge that was designed by SiahArmajani. This connects the park with the Loring Park as well as the Downtown area of the city.
- Frank Gehry’s Standing Glass Fish located in the Palm Roof of the Cowles conservatory. This place has a collection of seasonal horticultural displays including orchids and other exotic species of fragrant flowers.
- The Allen Grossman Memorial Arbor on the northern boundary is a vine covered stainless steel arbor with lovely paintings of perennial and annual flowers.
- The park also hosts a number of other exhibitions the whole year round.
Minneapolis Sculpture Garden Information
- Entry is free.
- Fountain and other light and sound shows are also organized in the evenings.
- It is the perfect morning and evening walkers’ destination as well as the afternoon gathering spot.
How To reach Minneapolis Sculpture Garden by Public Transport
- Bus numbers 4’ 6 and 12 till Lyndale Ave S and Dunwoody Ave or Vineland Place
Restaurants Near Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
- Gather by D’Amico
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Minneapolis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Minneapolis and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
95% of people who visit Minneapolis include Minneapolis Sculpture Garden in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
56.67% of people start their Minneapolis Sculpture Garden visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
93.21% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
Minneapolis Sculpture Garden Trips
Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, Minneapolis Reviews
What a beautiful place! We love it!!! beautiful art, beautiful flowers. I love the " music tree"! Well if u go specially in a windy day u will know what I'm taking about. I don't know what I feel when the close by church bells rings but, it's like magical. When we have family or friends over, it's one must to see spot from this wonderful lovely city.
While quite unique, much of the art there doesn’t seem to have the magical spark that makes art interesting to look at. Many of the stories engraved by the sculptures do not show there to be much inspiration behind the creation. More so like, something crafted as an assignment for your art class because you had to. There are absolutely some exceptions to this and I do very much enjoy that some of the sculptures are interactive. The Spoon and Chicken are quite cool to see, as well.
Very enjoyable and relaxing. A great people watching location. We have not been there for decades and it's now been expanded and the layout is different. I wish they would do better with some flowering shrubs or more upscale landscaping...but overall it's nice little quiet hangout in a busy city.
We weren't sure what to do after dinner - this was a real nice place to enjoy coffee and a cupcake! It was a little dark, but, a nice stroll for a couple - no crowds. Iconic Minneapolis site, and a few gems in the interactive sculpture elements. Great view of spoon and cherry from the bridge too!
Ok. This is a fun place with some interesting sculptures. Some very big and some not so much so. Paid lot at the end of the street next to the left turn. Occasionally some free 1 hour on street parking. Nice place to walk and enjoy. Easy to find in a quiet neighborhood.