Walker Art Center484 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 1750 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403, United States
- Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6123757600
- Ticket Price: 14 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Family And Kids
It is a multidisciplinary contemporary art museum that was the first of its kind in the Mid- West. It is also rated among the top 5 museums of the country. The museum was first set up as a private gallery of lumberman Thomas Barlow Walker in 1879 and then opened as a public museum in 1927. The renovated version of the museum is much better and includes a new gallery space, a theatre, restaurant, shop, a special event space, etc. the Cowles Conservatory is another remarkable part of the museum.
As you explore the museum you will find:
- The Visual Arts Program that is a mix of contemporary, historical, group, monographic, thematic, and media-specific shows.
- The Performing Arts Center that presents local arts, dance, music and poetry events.
- There is an in- house design department here.
- They organize very good educational and informative workshops and programs for everyone.
Walker Art Center Travel Tips
- There is a nice gift shop from where you can buy small gifts and souvenirs.
Entrance Ticket Details For Walker Art Center
- USD 12 for seniors
- USD 9 for students
- Free for children below 18 years and members.
- Admission to the gallery is free on the 1st Saturday of each month.
- Gather by D’Amico
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Minneapolis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Minneapolis and book an accommodation of your choice.
37.32% of people who visit Minneapolis include Walker Art Center in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
51.61% of people start their Walker Art Center visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Walker Art Center
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Walker Art Center