Unlike the white sand found on most of the beaches on the island on Minorca, the Cala Pregonda boats of red sand. A secluded cove, getting to the beach takes a hike of about half an hour from the main road/ car park. Covered with rocks and rock formations, and combined with the red sand, the beach looks like the planet of Mars!
Cala Pregonda Travel Tips
- Wearing sturdy, sports shoes is recommended as a hike of 30 minutes is required to reach the beach.
- The path is mostly open and sunny, hence, don’t forget to apply sunscreen and wear a hat.
- Carry a picnic basket and water bottle with you.
How to Reach Cala Pregonda
- No nearby public transport. Hiring a car or scooter is recommended.
- A small cafe at the beach.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Minorca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Minorca and book an accommodation of your choice.
67.93% of people who visit Minorca include Cala Pregonda in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
46.81% of people start their Cala Pregonda visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Cala Pregonda
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cala Pregonda