Cova D'en Xoroi457 Votes Currently Open
One of Minorca’s most popular nightclub, and most picturesque too, the Cova d’en Xoroi is situated in a cave along cliffs overlooking the sea. Sip a cool drink ordered from the menu while enjoying a glorious sunset or party all night with your friends to the beats of music.
The caves have an interesting story behind them. The story is based on the life of a man called Xoroi. He was possibly a shipwreck survivor who found shelter in a natural cave situated in the rock face of the Cala en Porter cliff. Making the cave his home, he survived by stealing food from the surrounding farmlands. On one of these trips, he fell in love with a local girl and it is still unclear whether he abducted her or took her with him with her consent. Years later, while searching for the missing girl, the searching locals found the cave hideaway. Within the cave was the girl, Xoroi and their three children! Cornered by the locals, Xoroi and his eldest son jumped into the sea (nobody knows whether they survived). The girl and the remaining two children were taken back to the town where, it is said that there are still descendants of Xoroi living today.
Though it is not sure if the story is authentic or not, but what can be guaranteed is the enormous amount of fun and relaxation you can have at the Cova d’en Xoroi.
Cova D'en Xoroi Travel Tips
- The Cova d’en Xoroi is open only seasonally. Usually, it is open from the month of April to August. Please check official website before planning a visit.
Entrance Ticket Details For Cova D'en Xoroi
- Entry ticket to the place varies according to the time of the day. While a day visit will cost €8.50, a sunset session will cost €12 onwards.
- Day and Sunset ticket for adult: 8.5 Euro
- Day and Sunset ticket for child: 5 Euro
- Nightclub rates and other charges may vary.
How to Reach Cova D'en Xoroi
- Cova d’en Xoroi has its own private bus service which picks you up from anywhere on the island and takes you back again.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Minorca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Minorca and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Minorca include Cova D'en Xoroi in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
86.21% of people start their Cova D'en Xoroi visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Cova D'en Xoroi
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cova D'en Xoroi