Archangel MikhailCurrently Open
- Address: Vulica Savieckaja, Minsk, Belarus Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Statue, Family And Kids
When you are entering the Church of St. Simeon and St. Helen, you will notice the statue of an angel near the gates. This is the statue of Archangel Mikhail. The archangel is known as the guardian angel of the city and hence his statue has been erected in front of the city’s most famous church. The total height of the statue is four-and-a-half meters and it was erected in the year 1996. The idea and design of the statue belongs to Igor Golubev. Belarus mainly follows Eastern Orthodox beliefs and archangels have occupied an important place in their worship. When the Red Cathedral was returned to the people for daily prayers in the 1990s, the earliest moves to personalise the church according to the faith was the construction of the archangel’s statue.
How to Reach Archangel Mikhail
- Bus stop : Independence Square
- Metro station : Lenin Square
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Minsk before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Minsk and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Archangel Mikhail Address: Vulica Savieckaja, Minsk, Belarus
- Archangel Mikhail Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Archangel Mikhail(preferred time): 04:00 pm - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Archangel Mikhail: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!