Great Patriotic War Museum, MinskCurrently Closed
- Address: Praspiekt Pieramozcau 8, Minsk, Belarus
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +375-173271166
- Ticket Price: 5 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museum, War Memorial, Family And Kids
About Great Patriotic War Museum, Minsk
The Great Patriotic War Museum is a tribute to the German-Soviet war that sprung up after the end of the Nazi occupation. The museum was opened almost immediately after Minsk was liberated from the Nazis. This was the first museum to open during the war which it represented. Displays are divided among the 24 exhibition halls in the building. The main display sections the Battles in the Westerly Direction, the German-Nazi occupation in Belarus, the From Home to the Front, War Actions of the Red Army etc. There are more than 150 thousand objects up on display here. The museum staff also carries out research about the Red Army, the anti-fascist activities carried out by the citizens of Belarus and the Auschwitz death camp. The Republican Monument to the Internationalist Soldiers in Minsk is a branch of this museum.
Great Patriotic War Museum Information
- Audio guides in English and some other European languages are available for 20 cents in the museum.
Great Patriotic War Museum Ticket Prices
- Children (7-17 years) – 2 USD
- Children below the age of 7 do not need tickets.
Great Patriotic War Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- The museum is closed on public holidays in Belarus.
- Visitors cannot enter after 5:30pm.
How To reach Great Patriotic War Museum by Public Transport
- By Bus:Prospekt Pobediteley Stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Minsk before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Minsk and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Great Patriotic War Museum
95% of people who visit Minsk include Great Patriotic War Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
79.22% of people start their Great Patriotic War Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Great Patriotic War Museum
90.45% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Great Patriotic War Museum
Great Patriotic War Museum, Minsk Reviews
Very informative. Interesting exhibitions. Beautiful monument, especially the domed room with the flags and names. Lovely/touching statue outside of building of soldier & his girl. If you are visiting Minsk - a wonderful museum to learn about. Belarus and WWII.
Beautiful museum with perfect organisation. Top floor is perfect
A must visit museum if one wants to understand WW2 better. In winter halls are cold.
This interactive museum is worth of visiting. It has historical significance , so you won't be bored at least for 3 hours.
Very interesting exhibits. Plenty of English information.
All QuestionsGreat patriotic war museum
- Attractions near Great Patriotic War Museum
- Maxim Bagdanovish Literary Museum
- Liberty Square
- Minsk City Hall
- Belarusian National Arts Museum
- Belarusian National History And Culture Museum
- National Historical Museum Of Republic Belarus
- Minskiy Komarovskiy Market
- Archangel Mikhail
- Stolitsa Underground Mall
- Chizhovka Arena
- Zero Kilometr Of Belarus
- Museum Miniland