Holy Spirit Cathedral, Minsk
About Holy Spirit Cathedral, Minsk
Holy Spirit Cathedral, Minsk - Address
Address: Pl. Freedom 23А, Minsk, Belarus
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Added 1.6K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Originally built in the 1600s, the present structure of the Holy Spirit Cathedral is a renovated design that was created sometime in the 19th century. The building initially served as a Catholic Bernardine monastery. The church was closed at the beginning of the 20th century but was in use during the Second World War. One of the major relics that draws visitors to this church is the wonder-making icon of the Mother of God. This was said to have been granting boons from when it was created in 1500. In its lifetime, the church was used as a sports hall and even a transit prison for the dispossessed peasants. The church overlooks the Svisloch river in the historic Upper Town area of Minsk.
Holy Spirit Cathedral Information
- People also check out the imperishable relics of St. Sofia of Slutsk.
How To reach Holy Spirit Cathedral by Public Transport
- By Bus: Freedom Square Stop
- By Metro: Niamiha Nemiga Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Minsk before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Minsk and book an accommodation of your choice.
Holy Spirit Cathedral, Minsk Reviews - Write a Review
Это не кафедральный собор святого духа, главная церковь республики. Он расположен левее и выше (по карте). А церковь святого духа, бывший Петропавловский собор.
Очень красивая церковь
Душевное место, приятное глазу и сердцу любителя архитектуры и истории.
Красивое здание в историческом центре Минска
Очень красивая церковь
- Nearby Attractions
- Cathedral Mosque
- Oceanography Center Open Ocean
- Church Of The Intercession Of The Mother Of God
- Liberty Square
- Muliavina Boulevard
- Maxim Bagdanovish Literary Museum
- Museum Of Interactive Science Kvantum
- Chelyuskintsev Park
- Belarusian State Circus
- Palace Of Republic
- Minsk Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Minsk
- What to See in 48 Hours in Minsk
- What to See in 72 Hours in Minsk
- How to Spend 5 Days in Minsk
- How to Spend 6 Days in Minsk
- How to Spend 7 Days in Minsk