How to Reach Minsk, Belarus
The Easiest Way to Reach Minsk
HOW TO GET TO MINSK
- By Air: National Airport Minsk connects the city with global destinations like most of the European capital cities along with the major cities in Russia and Ukraine. Bus number 300 connects the airport to the Centralny Bus Terminal next to the main railway station in Minsk. There is a train service operating five times a day from the airport to the main town. This is one of the fastest ways to commute between the two. You can opt for a pre-booked Autotransfer ride which is both cheap and completely reliable for tourists.
- By Rail: Trains from Warsaw, Kiev, Vilnius, Moscow and Brest arrive almost daily in the main railway station in Minsk. Trains from Poland often take time due to the track difference. Vilnius is the best option if you are coming to Minsk via train as this city is quite close.
- By Road: There are bus services from Vilnius to Minsk central bus station. You can drive into the city but be ready to spend a considerable amount of time at the Belarusian border. A thorough check can take up to 3 hours to finish. It helps if you know a bit of Russian, Belarusian or Polish.
HOW TO GET AROUND MINSK
- By Bus, Trolleybus, Tram: Direct connections to various parts of the cities are available but their frequencies can be quite long.
- By Metro: The Minsk metro has only two lines that connect the various parts of the city with each other. There is a two-minute gap between trains during rush hours. At other times of the day, the gap can go up to 5-10 minutes. The services operate from 5:30am to 1:00am.
- By Car: There are several car rental companies in Minsk that offer you good deals for rentals. Driving around town is the best way to see Minsk.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Minsk and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Minsk
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Minsk. The most preferred mode of transport in Minsk is Car.
Average distance: 11.9 km Average time: 29.02 min
Car 71.43%Driving 19.33 min Walking 2.3 min Overall average time for 12.17 kms 21.63 min
Bus/Trolleybus 9.52%Bus 19.25 min Waiting 9 min Train 7.25 min Walking 5.75 min Overall average time for 8.33 kms 41.25 min
Walking 11.9%Walking 38.8 min Driving 13 min Train 3.2 min Waiting 1.2 min Overall average time for 15.16 kms 56.2 min
Train/Metro 4.76%Train 22.5 min Waiting 10 min Walking 7.5 min Bus 7.5 min Overall average time for 7 kms 47.5 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Minsk
- How to reach Siličy
- How to reach Rakaw
- How to reach Lahoysk
- How to reach Rudnya
- How to reach Zhuravinka
- How to reach Dory
- How to reach Pastavy
- How to reach Kamai
- How to reach Lyntupy
- How to Reach Top Cities in Belarus
- How to reach Karalioŭ Stan
- How to reach Yelsk
- How to reach Mlyny
- How to reach Žamyslaŭĺ
- How to reach Bychaŭ
- How to reach Brodnitsa
- How to reach Gomel Hotel
- How to reach Vałožyn
- How to reach Myadzyel
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Givrins
- How to reach Loure
- How to reach Station Liepāja