Red ChurchCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Vulica Savieckaja 15, Minsk, Belarus
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +375-172004415
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Built sometime between 1905 and 1910, the Church of Saints Simon and Helena is a representation of the confluence of two different architectural styles in Belarus. The red brick structure is one of the most prominent landmarks in Minsk. Currently under the protection of the government, this church was built by Edward Vaynilovicha Adamovich after the premature death of his children. This building combines the Roman architectural styles and infuses it with a Belarusian touch thanks to the red bricks. The church is located just walking distance away from landmarks like the Government House. The church is especially buzzing during the Christmas and Easter celebrations in Minsk. Services are often read out in Polish and Russian along with the local Belarusian languages. There often are exhibits displaying the history of Catholicism in the country.
- Locals claim that the shroud kept on display in the church is the actual Shroud of Turin.
- Guided tours are available. This is one of the best ways to understand and explore the history of this church.
- Visitors are not allowed during mass and prominent Christian festivals.
- By Bus: Independence Square stop
- By Metro: Lenin Square Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Minsk before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Minsk and book an accommodation of your choice.
91.32% of people who visit Minsk include Red Church in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
77.06% of people start their Red Church visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Red Church
89.47% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Red Church
Very nice church, one of the most visited place in Minsk.
Church located in Lenin square. Impressive.
Good to see old historic church
Well kept church. One of the few buildings that survived the war.
Unusual church. It's a nice picture. Interesting paintings downstairs.