Red Church, Minsk
About Red Church, Minsk
Red Church, Minsk - Address, Phone Number
Address: Vulica Savieckaja 15, Minsk, Belarus
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 1.3K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Built sometime between 1905 and 1910, the Church of Saints Simon and Helena is a representation of the confluence of two different architectural styles in Belarus. The red brick structure is one of the most prominent landmarks in Minsk. Currently under the protection of the government, this church was built by Edward Vaynilovicha Adamovich after the premature death of his children. This building combines the Roman architectural styles and infuses it with a Belarusian touch thanks to the red bricks. The church is located just walking distance away from landmarks like the Government House. The church is especially buzzing during the Christmas and Easter celebrations in Minsk. Services are often read out in Polish and Russian along with the local Belarusian languages. There often are exhibits displaying the history of Catholicism in the country.
Red Church Information
- Locals claim that the shroud kept on display in the church is the actual Shroud of Turin.
- Guided tours are available. This is one of the best ways to understand and explore the history of this church.
Red Church Opening and Closing Hours
- Visitors are not allowed during mass and prominent Christian festivals.
How To reach Red Church by Public Transport
- By Bus: Independence Square stop
- By Metro: Lenin Square Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Minsk before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Minsk and book an accommodation of your choice.
Red Church, Minsk Reviews - Write a Review
Unusual church. It's a nice picture. Interesting paintings downstairs.
Church is beautiful. Was there for a Vivialdi concert, which was poorly organized, but the church itself was beautiful.
you have to want a one way ticket to hell to rate this any lower ;)
Cuz nice and simple architecture
If you visit Minsk you cannot miss this church. Very uncommon architecture for Belarus. It is situated in the very centre of the town, worth a quick visit
- Nearby Attractions
- Minsk State Linguistic University
- Belarus State Economic University
- Minsk International Airport
- Holy Spirit Church
- Church Of Saint Virgin Mary
- Kassa Teatra Belorusskoi Dramaturgii
- Yanka Kupala National Academic Theater
- Doodah King
- Minsk Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Minsk
- What to See in 48 Hours in Minsk
- What to See in 72 Hours in Minsk
- How to Spend 5 Days in Minsk
- How to Spend 6 Days in Minsk
- How to Spend 7 Days in Minsk