Red Church, MinskCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Vulica Savieckaja 15, Minsk, Belarus
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +375-172004415
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
About Red Church, Minsk
Built sometime between 1905 and 1910, the Church of Saints Simon and Helena is a representation of the confluence of two different architectural styles in Belarus. The red brick structure is one of the most prominent landmarks in Minsk. Currently under the protection of the government, this church was built by Edward Vaynilovicha Adamovich after the premature death of his children. This building combines the Roman architectural styles and infuses it with a Belarusian touch thanks to the red bricks. The church is located just walking distance away from landmarks like the Government House. The church is especially buzzing during the Christmas and Easter celebrations in Minsk. Services are often read out in Polish and Russian along with the local Belarusian languages. There often are exhibits displaying the history of Catholicism in the country.
Red Church Information
- Locals claim that the shroud kept on display in the church is the actual Shroud of Turin.
- Guided tours are available. This is one of the best ways to understand and explore the history of this church.
Red Church Opening and Closing Hours
- Visitors are not allowed during mass and prominent Christian festivals.
How To reach Red Church by Public Transport
- By Bus: Independence Square stop
- By Metro: Lenin Square Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Minsk before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Minsk and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Red Church
95% of people who visit Minsk include Red Church in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
73.98% of people start their Red Church visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Red Church
91.13% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Red Church
Red Church, Minsk Reviews
Well kept church. One of the few buildings that survived the war.
Unusual church. It's a nice picture. Interesting paintings downstairs.
Church is beautiful. Was there for a Vivialdi concert, which was poorly organized, but the church itself was beautiful.
Great place to visit
All QuestionsRed church
- Attractions near Red Church
- Maxim Bagdanovish Literary Museum
- Liberty Square
- Minsk City Hall
- Belarusian National Arts Museum
- Belarusian National History And Culture Museum
- National Historical Museum Of Republic Belarus
- Zhdanovichi Shopping Center
- Archangel Mikhail
- Belarusian State Circus
- Central Botanical Garden
- Museum Of Carriages
- Military Cemetery