Victory Square, Minsk
Victory Square, Minsk - Address
Address: Minsk, Belarus
Time Required: 00:45 Mins
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.4K times in trip plans
Walking Area, Square, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Victory Square, Minsk
Somewhat in the middle of Minsk is the Victory Square monument that pays tribute to the veterans of the Second World War. The 40-metre obelisk was erected in an area that was previously known as Victory Circus. At the base of this monument are four scenes that depict the Victory Day on May 9, the Partisans of Belarus, glory to the fallen heroes and the Soviet Army during the war. The top of the obelisk is crowned with the image of the Order of Victory. You will find an eternal flame near the base of the obelisk. Beneath the square is the museum that discusses the reasons for erecting the obelisk and its role in history. There also is a memorial hall beneath the ground level. This monument is surrounded by buildings constructed when Stalin ordered Minsk to be redeveloped.
Victory Square Information
- The monument is connected to the Victory Square via underground pathways.
How To reach Victory Square by Public Transport
- By Bus: Victory Square, Art. M. Victory Square Stops
- By Metro: Victory Square, Ploshcha Peramogi Stations
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Minsk before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Minsk and book an accommodation of your choice.
Victory Square, Minsk Reviews
- Upcoming Attractions in Minsk
- Belarusian State University Of Physical Culture
- Internation Sakharov Environmental University
- Bsu Faculty Of Chemistry
- Dinamo Stadium
- Minsk Tractor Works
- State Security Committee Of The Republic Of Belarus
- Minsk State Linguistic University
- Belarus State Economic University
- Minsk International Airport
- Attractions on TripHobo