Arches National Park752 Votes Currently Open
- Address: PO Box 907, Moab, UT, 84532, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-4357192299
- Fax: +1-8124760700
- Ticket Price: 10 USD
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: National Park, Family And Kids, Landmarks, Parks, Natural Parks
The park's name is literal. It is an otherworldly collection of natural sandstone arches, over 2000 of them. Other rock formations include fins, balanced rocks, and pinnacles, all formed through millions of years of geological events. In this surreal landscape live a great diversity of desert flora and fauna, including over 50 mammals, various cactii, 273 species of birds, ten kinds of lizards and nine kinds of snake. The list of features to see is huge and varied. Here is a short list:
- Double Arch: A massive formation of two arches joining.
- Windows: Visit at sunrise for some spectacular photographs.
- Delicate Arch: A standalone feature that's probably the most famous sight in the park.
- Petrified Dunes: Ancient sand dunes that hardened into stone.
For the most part, climbing is not allowed. In other places, you should know it's far easier to climb up than it is to climb down. You should stick to trails. It's not uncommon for people to drive from one site to the other, but if you're a purist, you will hike. There is only one campground - Devil's Garden Campground - in the park, and you will have to reserve months beforehand if you want a spot.
Arches National Park Travel Tips
- Visit the NPS website for in depth information and rules about visit the park, including camping, major sites, in-park directions.
- Stay on the path.
- Don't bring your pets.
- Wear comfortable footwear.
- Always bring water.
- Do not take any samples of rocks or plant.
Entrance Ticket Details For Arches National Park
Each of the following is valid for 7 days:
- Private Vehicle Fee: $25.00
- Motorcycle Fee: $15.00
- Per Person: $10.00
How to Reach Arches National Park
- Drive to here from Moab, or come as part of tour company.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Moab before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Moab and book an accommodation of your choice.
73.94% of people who visit Moab include Arches National Park in their plan
04 AM - 05 AM
86.75% of people start their Arches National Park visit around 04 AM - 05 AM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Arches National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Arches National Park
Arches National Park Reviews & Ratings
Is it worth it to pay that much to go there ?Answer Report Abuse
If you have interest in viewing natural sandstone arches and other fascinating geological formations, then depending upon your interest and budget you can consider spending that amount to visit the National Park. Alternatively, you can consider investing in Annual and Lifetime Passes for added benefits in the long run.Report Abuse