Arches National ParkCurrently Open
- Address: 5 Miles north of Moab, Utah, on US 191Moab, UT 84532, 84532, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-4357192299
- Fax: +1-8124760700
- Ticket Price: 10 USD
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: National Park, Family And Kids, Landmarks, Parks, Natural Parks
The park's name is literal. It is an otherworldly collection of natural sandstone arches, over 2000 of them. Other rock formations include fins, balanced rocks, and pinnacles, all formed through millions of years of geological events. In this surreal landscape live a great diversity of desert flora and fauna, including over 50 mammals, various cactii, 273 species of birds, ten kinds of lizards and nine kinds of snake. The list of features to see is huge and varied. Here is a short list:
- Double Arch: A massive formation of two arches joining.
- Windows: Visit at sunrise for some spectacular photographs.
- Delicate Arch: A standalone feature that's probably the most famous sight in the park.
- Petrified Dunes: Ancient sand dunes that hardened into stone.
For the most part, climbing is not allowed. In other places, you should know it's far easier to climb up than it is to climb down. You should stick to trails. It's not uncommon for people to drive from one site to the other, but if you're a purist, you will hike. There is only one campground - Devil's Garden Campground - in the park, and you will have to reserve months beforehand if you want a spot.
- Visit the NPS website for in depth information and rules about visit the park, including camping, major sites, in-park directions.
- Stay on the path.
- Don't bring your pets.
- Wear comfortable footwear.
- Always bring water.
- Do not take any samples of rocks or plant.
Each of the following is valid for 7 days:
- Private Vehicle Fee: $25.00
- Motorcycle Fee: $15.00
- Per Person: $10.00
- Drive to here from Moab, or come as part of tour company.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Moab before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Moab and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Moab include Arches National Park in their plan
04 AM - 05 AM
86.75% of people start their Arches National Park visit around 04 AM - 05 AM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Arches National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Arches National Park
One of my favorite features of the park is that it is open 24 hours a day. If you love to look at the night sky, or have never seen the Milky Way, spend some time here after sunset.
A great park full of short hikes and a few longer ones to check out a lot of cool Geology. At the main stops crowds exist and parking can be a problem, but well worth it and a not to be missed National Park.
Outstanding location for beauty and hiking. The best time to go is in early November. Cool days for more comfortable hiking and much smaller crowds.
Beautiful place, outstanding. Arrive early with food for the day and good shoes.Take your time and enjoy. And if you buy anything at the gift store round the price up as a donation.😀😀😀
Go here if you have a chance. There are ample opportunities for photography, and hiking trails too. Delicate Arch is a demanding hike since you must ascend up fairly steep rock and most of it is uphill