Canyonlands National Park227 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Utah, United States, Moab Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-4357192313
- Ticket Price: 10 USD
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, National Park, Family And Kids
This park is HUGE. So huge that it has four separate districts: the Island in the Sky, the Needles, the Maze, and the Rivers District (the Green and Colorado). Each one of these is worth spending a whole weekend at. The park was carved into existence by the Green and Colorado Rivers. It is miles upon square miles of deep canyons, high mesas, towering pinnacles soaring about plateaus and sheer vividly-colored cliffs. In these live an immense variety of unique species - bird, animals and desert plants.
About half a million people visit every year, coming to camp and hike and mountain bike or simply drive up to the many scenic viewpoints. There are two boating experiences: Flatwater trips on the Rivers, and whitewater trips in the Colorado Canyon. In some places you're allowed climbing activity. And the stargazing at night is sublime.
There are no restaurants or places to stay in the Canyonland; you have to bring your own food and water. There are two campgrounds: Squaw Flat Campground at The Needles and Willow Flat Campground at Island in the Sky, and their spots must be reserved in advance. There's never a day when they are not full. You're not allowed to stay for more than 7 consecutive nights.
Canyonlands National Park Travel Tips
- Visit the NPS website for the park's rules and regulations and safety tips.
- Beware of venomous animals, and also black bears and mountain lions.
- Careful of lightning and flash-floods during stormy weather.
Entrance Ticket Details For Canyonlands National Park
- Private Vehicle: $25.00 (15 people for 7 days)
- Motorcycle: $15.00 (1 person for 7 days)
- Per Person: $10.00 bicyclists, hikers, and pedestrians.
- Free for 15 and under.
Canyonlands National Park Hours
- Island in the Sky Visitor Center (April 24 - September 17): 8 am - 6 pm. Closed Thanksgiving Day, December 25, and from late December through early March.
- Needles Visitor Center (March - November): 8:30am - 4pm. Closed Thanksgiving Day and late November through early March.
- Hans Flat Ranger Station: Open year round: 8:30am - 4pm
How to Reach Canyonlands National Park
- Drive to the park.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Moab before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Moab and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Canyonlands National Park Address: Utah, United States, Moab
- Canyonlands National Park Contact Number: +1-4357192313
- Canyonlands National Park Timing: 24-hrs
- Canyonlands National Park Price: 10 USD
- Best time to visit Canyonlands National Park(preferred time): 05:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Canyonlands National Park: 08:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
18.06% of people who visit Moab include Canyonlands National Park in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
47.83% of people start their Canyonlands National Park visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Canyonlands National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Canyonlands National Park
People normally club together Denis Julien Inscription and Hole N'' The Rock while planning their visit to Canyonlands National Park.
People also prefer to start their day with Canyonlands National Park.