Canyonlands National Park, Moab
About Canyonlands National Park, Moab
Canyonlands National Park, Moab - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Utah, United States
Ticket Price: 10 USD
Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.4K times in trip plans
Outdoors, National Park, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This park is HUGE. So huge that it has four separate districts: the Island in the Sky, the Needles, the Maze, and the Rivers District (the Green and Colorado). Each one of these is worth spending a whole weekend at. The park was carved into existence by the Green and Colorado Rivers. It is miles upon square miles of deep canyons, high mesas, towering pinnacles soaring about plateaus and sheer vividly-colored cliffs. In these live an immense variety of unique species - bird, animals and desert plants.
About half a million people visit every year, coming to camp and hike and mountain bike or simply drive up to the many scenic viewpoints. There are two boating experiences: Flatwater trips on the Rivers, and whitewater trips in the Colorado Canyon. In some places you're allowed climbing activity. And the stargazing at night is sublime.
There are no restaurants or places to stay in the Canyonland; you have to bring your own food and water. There are two campgrounds: Squaw Flat Campground at The Needles and Willow Flat Campground at Island in the Sky, and their spots must be reserved in advance. There's never a day when they are not full. You're not allowed to stay for more than 7 consecutive nights.
Canyonlands National Park Information
- Visit the NPS website for the park's rules and regulations and safety tips.
- Beware of venomous animals, and also black bears and mountain lions.
- Careful of lightning and flash-floods during stormy weather.
Canyonlands National Park Ticket Prices
- Private Vehicle: $25.00 (15 people for 7 days)
- Motorcycle: $15.00 (1 person for 7 days)
- Per Person: $10.00 bicyclists, hikers, and pedestrians.
- Free for 15 and under.
Canyonlands National Park Opening and Closing Hours
- Island in the Sky Visitor Center (April 24 - September 17): 8 am - 6 pm. Closed Thanksgiving Day, December 25, and from late December through early March.
- Needles Visitor Center (March - November): 8:30am - 4pm. Closed Thanksgiving Day and late November through early March.
- Hans Flat Ranger Station: Open year round: 8:30am - 4pm
How To reach Canyonlands National Park by Public Transport
- Drive to the park.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Moab before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Moab and book an accommodation of your choice.
Canyonlands National Park, Moab Reviews - Write a Review
Canyonlands is a fantastic National Park. It's not the biggest or the baddest, but the opportunities to explore the high desert of Utah are almost endless. The views into the canyons and down to the rivers are amazing too. However, BE WARNED: like all.of our popular national parks they are being loves to death and can get very over-crowded and the most popular viewing points.
I love this place. It feels like we have come to some place in the sky. It is so quiet. The drive from Moab is very scenic. I suggest to take the Gypsy app. It gives good details of the place
Canyonlands NP is wonderful. It has something for everybody. It has terrific views, hiking trails, and biking areas. There are also picnic and camping areas. Wonderful place to spend the day or a few days.
Hiking and backpacking in adventure mode! This park has some of the most amazing rock features of any that I've been to. The Needles district has trails that lead you up the sides of steep rock walls and through narrow cracks. I highly recommend every trail in the needles.
Beautiful Area with Many Hikes and View Points for Photos. Great Visitors Center with Friendly Staff and Lots of Maps, Books and Souvenirs. I Wish i Could of Stayed Longer in 1 of their Nice Campsites. Clean Restrooms and Plenty of Parking Early in the Day. Great Star Gazing at Night.
- Nearby Attractions
- Tunnel Arch
- Moab Giant Dinosaurs Paleosafari
- Lion's Back
- Twisted Doughnut Arch
- Rally On The Rocks
- Sorrel River Ranch Resort And Spa
- Arches National Park Visitor Center & Park Headquarters
- Little Rainbow Bridge
- Moab Visitor Center
- Landscape Arch
- Moab Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Moab
- What to See in 48 Hours in Moab
- What to See in 72 Hours in Moab
- How to Spend 5 Days in Moab
- How to Spend 6 Days in Moab
- How to Spend 7 Days in Moab