Potash Scenic Byway, Moab
Potash Scenic Byway, Moab - Address
Address: Utah State Route 279, Utah
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 2.4K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Potash Scenic Byway, Moab
This 17 mile drive is famous for the ancient Native American rock art, dinosaur tracks, views of the Colorado River, and rock-climbing. The best time to begin the drive is about an hour before sunset, so you can see the sunlight blaze on the high cliff walls. The drive passes below Dead Horse Point, southwest of Moab. Not everyone drives, though, the road is very popular with cyclists. Some of the highlights to watch out for:
- Wall Street: Easily recognized by the climbers attempting to scale the high sandstone walls, the bottoms of which are easily accessed from the road.
- Poison Spider Trail Head: A nine mile hike that takes you up to Poison Spider Mesa.
- Dinosaur Tracks and Petroglyphs Viewing Station.
- Trailhead for hikes to Bowtie and Corona Arches.
- Jug Handle Arch
- The Potash Mine: Where the highway ends, and namesake of the road.
How To reach Potash Scenic Byway by Public Transport
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Moab before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Moab and book an accommodation of your choice.
Potash Scenic Byway Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Moab