Potash Scenic BywayCurrently Open
- Address: Utah State Route 279, Utah, Moab, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Family And Kids, Nature
Potash Scenic Byway - Review
This 17 mile drive is famous for the ancient Native American rock art, dinosaur tracks, views of the Colorado River, and rock-climbing. The best time to begin the drive is about an hour before sunset, so you can see the sunlight blaze on the high cliff walls. The drive passes below Dead Horse Point, southwest of Moab. Not everyone drives, though, the road is very popular with cyclists. Some of the highlights to watch out for:
- Wall Street: Easily recognized by the climbers attempting to scale the high sandstone walls, the bottoms of which are easily accessed from the road.
- Poison Spider Trail Head: A nine mile hike that takes you up to Poison Spider Mesa.
- Dinosaur Tracks and Petroglyphs Viewing Station.
- Trailhead for hikes to Bowtie and Corona Arches.
- Jug Handle Arch
- The Potash Mine: Where the highway ends, and namesake of the road.
How To reach Potash Scenic Byway by Public Transport
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Moab before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Moab and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Potash Scenic Byway
95% of people who visit Moab include Potash Scenic Byway in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
38.99% of people start their Potash Scenic Byway visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Potash Scenic Byway
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Potash Scenic Byway
Potash Scenic Byway Map
Potash Scenic Byway Trips
1 View9 Days 8 Nights9 Day Trip to Salt Lake City, Moab, Cedar City from BostonBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Salt Lake City, Moab, Cedar City
Potash Scenic Byway, Moab Reviews
All QuestionsPotash scenic byway
- Chaplin Fork Church
- Wesley Chaplin United Methodist Church
- Church Of God
- Gideons International
- Thomas Bray Farm
- New Bethel AME Church
- Zoan United Methodist Church
- Marcus Gerald
- Trust God Ministries
- Hardee Airport
- Barnhill Mitchell Rev
- Bethel Zion Church
- Higher Vision Church
- Willing Vessel Ministries
- Cedar Branch Baptist Church