How to Reach Modena
HOW TO GET TO MODENA
- By Air: There are no direct flights to Modena. The closest airport is the Airport Guglielmo Marconi at Bologna, situated around 40 kilometres from the city.
- By Train: Situated on the rail line between Parma and Bologna, Modena is easy to reach by train.
- By Bus: Busses connect Modena to nearby villages and towns such as Carpi, Fiorano, Sassuolo, Correggio, Campogalliano, Pavullo, Soliera, Vignola, Nonantola and Maranello.
- By Road: If you are driving down, take the A1 Autostrada to reach Modena, Italy.
HOW TO GET AROUND MODENA
- By Trolleybus: Modena has a well connected trolleybus service. One of the best ways to travel around the city.
- By Bus: Busses are present and run in loops around the city. The bus service generally runs from 6 a.m. to 10.30 p.m.
- By Car: Renting a car is possible but not recommended. The historic centre is a Vehicle restricted area (ZTL). It means that only residents, commercial operators or tourists staying at hotels in the historic centre and with a special permit can go there.
- By Taxi: Taxi service is present in the city and is relatively cheap.
- By Bicycle: With 48 miles of cycling paths, exploring the city on a cycle is a fun and healthy way to travel.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Modena. The most preferred mode of transport in Modena is Bike.
Average distance: 12.4 km Average time: 40.8 min
Bike 40%Bike 9.5 min Overall average time for 4.5 kms 9.5 min
Walking 20%Walking 120 min Driving 8 min Overall average time for 10 kms 128 min
Car 40%Driving 27.5 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 21.5 kms 28.5 min