Palazzo Ducale, Modena
About Palazzo Ducale, Modena
Palazzo Ducale, Modena - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Piazza Roma, 15, 41121 Modena MO, Italy
Ticket Price: 7 EUR
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Added 4.6K times in trip plans
Palace, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This marvellous, grand and architecturally stunning palace was built in the year 1634 based on a design by famous Roman architect BartolomeoAvanzini. Presently, the building is home to the Military Academy. While on a guided tour of the palace, do check out the main courtyard. It is considered a masterpiece of Baroque architecture.
Palazzo Ducale Information
- Booking an appointment with Modena Tourist Information Office is compulsory. They can be reached at +39 059 2032660.
- Photography nor permitted within the palace as it is a military academy.
Palazzo Ducale Ticket Prices
- General Entry: €7; Children 6-12: €5; Children under 5: Free
Palazzo Ducale Opening and Closing Hours
- Guided tours are conducted by prior appointment only. Tours generally start by 11:00 am.
How To reach Palazzo Ducale by Public Transport
- Piazza Roma bus stop
- Croce Rossa bus stop
Restaurants Near Palazzo Ducale
- Via Taglio 12
- Pizza kebab delcorso
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Modena before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Modena and book an accommodation of your choice.
Palazzo Ducale, Modena Reviews - Write a Review
Huge, impressive building. It's not open for visitors although they have organized tours and they show a small part of it. Our timing wasn't good enough so we'd just walked around. Very nice.
Nice relaxing square outside with infinity fountains. Locals hang out there for a cafe and a chat. Places to eat are closeby.
Great piece of history and artitecture
A stunning marvel of architecture. The square that it stands on (Piazza Roma) is great for meeting up, ever since they replaced the parking lot with fountains. The palace is also impressive; a guided tour is sufficent to appreciating Modena's past.
- Nearby Attractions
- Al Cenacolo Restaurant
- Este Photo Gallery
- Caffetteria Drogheria Giusti
- Piazza Giuseppe Mazzini
- Piazza Roma
- Stadio Alberto Braglia
- Università Degli Studi Di Modena E Reggio Emilia
- Salotto Delle Arti
- Via Cinque Terre
- Modena Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Modena
- What to See in 48 Hours in Modena
- What to See in 72 Hours in Modena
- How to Spend 5 Days in Modena
- How to Spend 6 Days in Modena
- How to Spend 7 Days in Modena