- Address: Piazza Roma, 15, 41121 Modena MO, Italy
- Phone: +39-059225671
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Palace, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture
Palazzo Ducale - Review
This marvellous, grand and architecturally stunning palace was built in the year 1634 based on a design by famous Roman architect BartolomeoAvanzini. Presently, the building is home to the Military Academy. While on a guided tour of the palace, do check out the main courtyard. It is considered a masterpiece of Baroque architecture.
Palazzo Ducale Information
- Booking an appointment with Modena Tourist Information Office is compulsory. They can be reached at +39 059 2032660.
- Photography nor permitted within the palace as it is a military academy.
Palazzo Ducale Ticket Prices
- General Entry: €7; Children 6-12: €5; Children under 5: Free
Palazzo Ducale Hours
- Guided tours are conducted by prior appointment only. Tours generally start by 11:00 am.
How To reach Palazzo Ducale by Public Transport
- Piazza Roma bus stop
- Croce Rossa bus stop
Restaurants Near Palazzo Ducale
- Via Taglio 12
- Pizza kebab delcorso
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Modena before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Modena and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Palazzo Ducale
95% of people who visit Modena include Palazzo Ducale in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
34.62% of people start their Palazzo Ducale visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Palazzo Ducale
61.93% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Palazzo Ducale
Palazzo Ducale Trips
Palazzo Ducale, Modena Reviews
Huge, impressive building. It's not open for visitors although they have organized tours and they show a small part of it. Our timing wasn't good enough so we'd just walked around. Very nice.
Nice relaxing square outside with infinity fountains. Locals hang out there for a cafe and a chat. Places to eat are closeby.
Not very interesting.
Very interesting place full of history