The wealthy and fashionable have many tells, handcrafted leather shoes, diamond encrusted phones, bejewelled watches with difficult to pronounce names. Yet the largest giveaway of them has to be the fancy car. And the space in front of the Monte Carlo Casino, entitled Casino Square, is chock full of them. Unless you are an oil sheikh or a software baron, where else would you find such an assortment of the expensive cars? You can kick back at one of the cafes and watch the swankiest of cars pass by if you are an auto enthusiast. Or visit at night when the casino and the nearby buildings are lit up and take a photograph of the beautiful fountain at the centre with the buildings in the background. An area for car watching with a fantastic fountain in the centre and a beautiful view of the buildings.
Casino Square Travel Tips
- Only a short distance from the Monte Carlo Casino Larvotto beach, Metropole Shopping Center and the Japanese Gardens, you could plan your trip accordingly.
- Come in the evening to see the buildings lit up.
- Don’t drool directly on the cars.
- Sit at the Cafe de Paris and watch the cars go by.
- Underground parking at the casino.
How to Reach Casino Square
- Take the buses 1, 2 or 3 to the casino.
- Cafe de Paris (Brasserie, moderate-highly expensive, casual)
- Le Louis XV (French/Italian/Mediterranean, highly expensive, formals/jackets for men)
- Le Train Bleu
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Monte Carlo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Monte Carlo and book an accommodation of your choice.