Fort AntoineCurrently Open
- Address: Fort Antoine Theater, Ave de la Quarantaine, Monaco-Ville 98000, Monaco
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: 377-93158000
- Ticket Price: Free
- Tags: History Museum, View Point, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Fort
Fort Antoine - Review
One of the most famous and emotionally evocative photographs of all time is of a young woman placing a flower in the barrel of a gun during an anti-war protest. A similar feeling is evoked at Fort Antoine, one where an establishment of war has been converted into an abode of peace. Originally constructed in early 18th century, original fortifications as early as 1709, as a fort it was destroyed during the Second World War. It was rebuilt by Prince Rainier III in 1953 and over the years it has been transformed into an open air theatre that can seat up to 350 people on its stone seats. Though it was built a mere sixty years ago it retains the style of an early 18th century fort. Admission is open to all except on show days, so feel free to wander in at any time of the day for a spectacular view of the sea and the Monaco port. A picturesque fort converted into an open air theatre with a great view.
Fort Antoine Information
- Hours vary by performance, please inquire.
- The theatre is located in the old town, the “Rock”. The Prince’s Palace, the Oceanographic Museum, the Museum of Napoleon Souvenirs, the Stamps and Coins Museums and the Saint Nicholas Cathedral are very close by. Plan your day well and you catch all the nearby sites in a day.
- You will be by the sea and might experience a breeze, carry a light jacket.
- Chemin des Pecheurs parking lot is under the Oceanographic Museum.
Fort Antoine Ticket Prices
- Free entry, except for shows.
How To reach Fort Antoine by Public Transport
- Take bus numbers 1 or 2 in the direction of Monaco Ville and get off at the terminal, Place de la Visitation.
Restaurants Near Fort Antoine
- Quai de Artiste (Brasserie, moderate-highly expensive, casual)
- Stars ‘N’ Bars (American, moderately expensive, casual)
- L’Aurore (Mediterranean, moderately expensive, casual)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Monaco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Monaco and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Fort Antoine
54.48% of people who visit Monaco include Fort Antoine in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
22.85% of people start their Fort Antoine visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Fort Antoine
60.73% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fort Antoine
Fort Antoine Map
Fort Antoine Trips
Fort Antoine, Monaco Reviews
This is a must check out destination in Monte Carlo. It has been turned into a very nice park. Expect to spend a few hours there depending on how fast you can walk, there are a lot of stairs and uphill walking.
Astonishing view of Monaco-Monte Carlo. Love the serenity.
The views from Fort Antoine are great!!! Is a MUST see once you are in Monaco. Totally recommended!
Interesting, however they lock up at 8 pm, almost didn't make it out.
The walk up is fantastic, and the theatre a small gem of isolation with magical views of sea and sky.
All QuestionsFort antoine
- Eleele Baptist Church
- Episcopal Church On West Kauai
- Kauai Sea Tours
- Holo Holo Charters
- Captain Andy's Sailing Adventures
- Port Allen Small Boat Harbor
- King's Cathedral & Chapels
- Bubbles Below Scuba Charters
- Kauai Charter Sportfishing
- Glass Beach
- Queensbath Princeville Kauai
- Kauai Charter Sport Fishing
- Actors - Ames Community Theater
- Wakefield Woods
- The Space For Ames