Fort Antoine508 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Fort Antoine Theater, Ave de la Quarantaine, Monaco-Ville 98000, Monaco, Monte Carlo Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: 377-93158000
- Tags: History Museums, View Point, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Fort
One of the most famous and emotionally evocative photographs of all time is of a young woman placing a flower in the barrel of a gun during an anti-war protest. A similar feeling is evoked at Fort Antoine, one where an establishment of war has been converted into an abode of peace. Originally constructed in early 18th century, original fortifications as early as 1709, as a fort it was destroyed during the Second World War. It was rebuilt by Prince Rainier III in 1953 and over the years it has been transformed into an open air theatre that can seat up to 350 people on its stone seats. Though it was built a mere sixty years ago it retains the style of an early 18th century fort. Admission is open to all except on show days, so feel free to wander in at any time of the day for a spectacular view of the sea and the Monaco port. A picturesque fort converted into an open air theatre with a great view.
Fort Antoine Travel Tips
- Hours vary by performance, please inquire.
- The theatre is located in the old town, the “Rock”. The Prince’s Palace, the Oceanographic Museum, the Museum of Napoleon Souvenirs, the Stamps and Coins Museums and the Saint Nicholas Cathedral are very close by. Plan your day well and you catch all the nearby sites in a day.
- You will be by the sea and might experience a breeze, carry a light jacket.
- Chemin des Pecheurs parking lot is under the Oceanographic Museum.
Entrance Ticket Details For Fort Antoine
- Free entry, except for shows.
How to Reach Fort Antoine
- Take bus numbers 1 or 2 in the direction of Monaco Ville and get off at the terminal, Place de la Visitation.
- Quai de Artiste (Brasserie, moderate-highly expensive, casual)
- Stars ‘N’ Bars (American, moderately expensive, casual)
- L’Aurore (Mediterranean, moderately expensive, casual)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Monte Carlo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Monte Carlo and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Fort Antoine Address: Fort Antoine Theater, Ave de la Quarantaine, Monaco-Ville 98000, Monaco, Monte Carlo
- Fort Antoine Contact Number: 377-93158000
- Fort Antoine Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Fort Antoine(preferred time): 04:00 pm - 06:00 pm
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!