Japanese GardenCurrently Closed
- Address: Avenue Princesse Grace, 98000 Monaco
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 377-98988336
- Ticket Price: Free
- Tags: Garden, Park, Play Ground, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
Nestled right next to the Larvotto Beach and the bustle of the busy streets, facing the sea, is the Japanese Gardens. A small and serene garden one can enjoy a nice peaceful walk here at any time of the day away from the noise of the city, or come early and meditate at the Zen garden. The garden was built in 1990 by YasuoBeppu as a miniature representation of Shintoist philosophy. There are many waterfalls and ponds in the 7 hectare garden and multiple tiny picturesque bridges cross them. The water bodies are full of carp and Koi fish. A Japanese teahouse is located at the centre of the garden. It is a small quiet park perfect for an hour long stroll or an undisturbed conversation.
- Carry a mat for meditation or yoga.
- Carry a hot beverage and a newspaper/book and enjoy reading under the sun.
- As it is right next the beach you can take a stroll right after or before visiting the beach.
- Only a short distance from the Monte Carlo Casino and the Opera de Monte Carlo you could plan your trip accordingly.
- Parking garages near the beach.
- Take the number 4 or 6 bus to the beach. The road next to the beach is named Avenue Princesse Grace after movie star and wife of king Rainier III, Grace Kelly.
- Sass Cafe, call for reservations (French/Italian, highly expensive, casual)
- Zelo’s (Mediterranean/Bar, moderately expensive, causal)
- La Rose des Vents (French/Italian, moderately expensive, casual)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Monaco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Monaco and book an accommodation of your choice.
59.24% of people who visit Monaco include Japanese Garden in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
29.41% of people start their Japanese Garden visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Japanese Garden
94.79% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Japanese Garden
Amazing view. A lot of different kinds of flowers and surrounded by the water was making an atmosphere just like you are outside of the big city and somewhere in the nature. Everything was so relaxing.
The happiest and safest place in the world. I don't consider myself a materialist, I just like nice things that are pretty to be around and look at. This is a spot for all 5 senses to be bathed in a soothing and tranquil peace. Heart it.
Great relaxing walk. Some shade too on a hot day. Mini oasis in a metropolis.
A fabulous place, when you're inside the bustle of Monaco just disappears... Amazing Koi Carp too!!!
Stunning. With the exception of supercars noise passing by every minute total peace and serenity in the middle of Monte Carlo and Lavrotto beach. Very well kept and with many places where you can spend time by your own business surrounded by nature, seemingly somewhere in Japan. Perfect place and amazing idea more cities should follow.