Japanese Garden, Monaco
About Japanese Garden, Monaco
Japanese Garden, Monaco - Address, Phone Number
Address: Avenue Princesse Grace, 98000 Monaco
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 8.3K times in trip plans
Garden, Park, Play Ground, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Nestled right next to the Larvotto Beach and the bustle of the busy streets, facing the sea, is the Japanese Gardens. A small and serene garden one can enjoy a nice peaceful walk here at any time of the day away from the noise of the city, or come early and meditate at the Zen garden. The garden was built in 1990 by YasuoBeppu as a miniature representation of Shintoist philosophy. There are many waterfalls and ponds in the 7 hectare garden and multiple tiny picturesque bridges cross them. The water bodies are full of carp and Koi fish. A Japanese teahouse is located at the centre of the garden. It is a small quiet park perfect for an hour long stroll or an undisturbed conversation.
Japanese Garden Information
- Carry a mat for meditation or yoga.
- Carry a hot beverage and a newspaper/book and enjoy reading under the sun.
- As it is right next the beach you can take a stroll right after or before visiting the beach.
- Only a short distance from the Monte Carlo Casino and the Opera de Monte Carlo you could plan your trip accordingly.
- Parking garages near the beach.
How To reach Japanese Garden by Public Transport
- Take the number 4 or 6 bus to the beach. The road next to the beach is named Avenue Princesse Grace after movie star and wife of king Rainier III, Grace Kelly.
Restaurants Near Japanese Garden
- Sass Cafe, call for reservations (French/Italian, highly expensive, casual)
- Zelo’s (Mediterranean/Bar, moderately expensive, causal)
- La Rose des Vents (French/Italian, moderately expensive, casual)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Monaco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Monaco and book an accommodation of your choice.
Japanese Garden, Monaco Reviews - Write a Review
It's a place where you can enjoy a cool shade in a hot afternoon. Very well preserved and a great place to visit in Monaco
A nice little and free Japanese Garden. Nothing special but worth the visit if you are near it.
Peacfull and beautifull, but very small.
Quite escape from in Monaco fuss. Eastern style calming my garden at the heart of Monaco.
A quiet and peaceful place for a picnic. Very small.
- Nearby Attractions
- Casino Monte Carlo
- Gare De Monaco Monte-carlo
- Côte D'azur Bâtiment
- Monte-carlo Beach
- Café De Paris Monte-carlo
- Monaco Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Monaco
- What to See in 48 Hours in Monaco
- What to See in 72 Hours in Monaco
- How to Spend 5 Days in Monaco
- How to Spend 6 Days in Monaco
- How to Spend 7 Days in Monaco