Japanese Garden1019 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Avenue Princesse Grace, 98000 Monaco, Monte Carlo
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 377-98988336
- Tags: Garden, Park, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
Nestled right next to the Larvotto Beach and the bustle of the busy streets, facing the sea, is the Japanese Gardens. A small and serene garden one can enjoy a nice peaceful walk here at any time of the day away from the noise of the city, or come early and meditate at the Zen garden. The garden was built in 1990 by YasuoBeppu as a miniature representation of Shintoist philosophy. There are many waterfalls and ponds in the 7 hectare garden and multiple tiny picturesque bridges cross them. The water bodies are full of carp and Koi fish. A Japanese teahouse is located at the centre of the garden. It is a small quiet park perfect for an hour long stroll or an undisturbed conversation.
Japanese Garden Travel Tips
- Carry a mat for meditation or yoga.
- Carry a hot beverage and a newspaper/book and enjoy reading under the sun.
- As it is right next the beach you can take a stroll right after or before visiting the beach.
- Only a short distance from the Monte Carlo Casino and the Opera de Monte Carlo you could plan your trip accordingly.
- Parking garages near the beach.
How to Reach Japanese Garden
- Take the number 4 or 6 bus to the beach. The road next to the beach is named Avenue Princesse Grace after movie star and wife of king Rainier III, Grace Kelly.
- Sass Cafe, call for reservations (French/Italian, highly expensive, casual)
- Zelo’s (Mediterranean/Bar, moderately expensive, causal)
- La Rose des Vents (French/Italian, moderately expensive, casual)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Monte Carlo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Monte Carlo and book an accommodation of your choice.