Anyone with even a passing knowledge of racing knows of the Monaco Grand Prix. First organised in 1929 it has become one of the most prestigious and glamorous races in the worldgraced by film stars, celebrities and millionaires. Some of you will remember it as the setting from Iron Man 2 where Tony Stark’s drive in an F1 car was halted by the primary antagonist and more importantly where Stan Lee has a cameo as Larry King. The Circuit de Monaco, commonly known as the Monte Carlo as most of the race is located in that neighbourhood, is one of the most challenging tracks of the Formula One with stalwarts such as Senna and Schumacher crashing here. With its tight corners, changes in elevation and a tunnel it is also one of the most dangerous despite being the shortest track of the Formula One roster. Legendary Brazilian racer AyrtonSenna holds a record six wins at this circuit. The race is held every year on usually the last Sunday off May. Grandstand tickets have to be bought for the event, but nothing beats the experience of having watched a Formula One race at Monaco. It is one of the most prestigious, glamorous, difficult races in the world.
Monaco Grand Prix Travel Tips
- The race lasts around two and a half hours.
- Tickets must be booked early.
- There are three days in the schedule, the practice session, the qualifying and the race. Tickets are available for all three and prices vary.
- Bring along a camera and hope to meet your favourite celebrity.
- Expect to spend a fortune on everything, from tickets to hotels.
Entrance Ticket Details For Monaco Grand Prix
- Tickets for the final race start from 84 Euros and go up to 625 Euros. The Platinum VIP Terrace ticket for both Saturday’s qualifying and Sunday’s final is the most expensive, costing upwards of 2,500 Euros.
Monaco Grand Prix Hours
- The event starts at 8:00 am, the race starts at 2:00 pm.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Monte Carlo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Monte Carlo and book an accommodation of your choice.