Monte Carlo CasinoCurrently Open [Closes at 11:45 pm]
- Address: Monte Carlo Casino, Place du Casino, Monte-Carlo 98000, Monaco
- Timings: 09:00 am - 11:45 pm Details
- Phone: 377-92162000
- Ticket Price: 10 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Casino, Entertainment, Performance, Leisure, Architecture
Monte Carlo Casino - Review
In the middle of the 19th century the Grimaldi family was on the verge of bankruptcy. The French Revolution at the end of the 18th Century had seen many of their family publicly executed. The survivors won back the palace in 1814 but the Revolution along with the Napoleonic Wars had left their fortunes decimated. In addition to that two provinces broke away from Monaco leaving it 80% smaller. The history lesson is required to understand the shrewd genius of Princess Caroline and the work of Prince Florestan I who ruled at the time. The Princess realized that a gambling operation and spa would bring in plenty of profits. Construction began in 1858 and was completed in 1863. In that time the Princess had also managed to lure away Francois Blanc, an entrepreneur with a profitable gambling operation the Monte-Carlo was based on. Soon the country was raking in the gambling money and the casino building was expanded later in the century.
Built in the Beaux Arts architectural style of that century, the building is a picture of beauty and opulence. In the last hundred and fifty years of existence it has become one of the most recognizable casinos on the planet. It is known as a playground for the wealthy and fashionable, a reputation furthered by it being featured in three separate James Bond movies, the most recent being Casino Royale. The casino is still one of the biggest breadwinners for the Grimaldi family and the government. There are three restaurants on premises; you can have the complete spy experience of topping off your stint at the tables with a fine wine. The elegantly dressed staff responds in English, and the interior design is just as luxurious and historically faithful as pictured in the Bond movies. One does not need to be a gambler to enjoy the building, the crowd and the atmosphere. But it doesn’t hurt to lose a little money either. There are also frequent performances by musicians at the casino, catch a show if you can. A historic and glamorous casino that has been featured in three Bond films. Only a short distance from the Larvotto beach and the Japanese Gardens, you could plan your trip accordingly.
Monte Carlo Casino Information
- T-Shirts and jeans are acceptable for daytime attire, but jackets are recommended after 8:00 pm in the private rooms.
- The ambience will be that of a casino, try not to get too caught up in it and lose too much money.
- Carry your passport to prove your age and nationality, only people above the age of 18 and non-Monacan nationals are allowed. You have to carry your passport to get in.
- No photographing equipment allowed inside; there is a cloak room to store your bags.
- If you are gambling, keep track of your money.
- Check their website to see if any musicians are performing at the time of your visit and book tickets for it.
- Everything is expensive in the casino.
- All gambling games are designed to work out in favour if the house (the casino).
- If you are intent on merely gambling, there are other casinos around that don’t charge entrance fees.
- The building also contains the Opera de Monte Carlo.
- Underground parking, free for the first hour.
Monte Carlo Casino Ticket Prices
- 10 Euros to enter the casino and 10 more Euros to enter the private rooms.
- Group tickets cost 7 Euros per person (minimum 10 people), free access for tour guide.
- If you have no intention of gambling visit between 9:00 am and 12:00 noon.
Monte Carlo Casino Opening and Closing Hours
- Open from 9:00 am for visiting the casino when it not operating, from 2:00 pm onwards gambling operations are open and people will be treated as individual clients.
- Closed 12:00 noon for those visiting the non-operational casino, 4:00 am for all gambling operations.
How To reach Monte Carlo Casino by Public Transport
- Take the buses 1, 2 or 3 to the casino.
Restaurants Near Monte Carlo Casino
- Le Train Bleu
- Les Prives
- Buddha Bar Monte-Carlo
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Monaco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Monaco and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Monte Carlo Casino
95% of people who visit Monaco include Monte Carlo Casino in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
31.94% of people start their Monte Carlo Casino visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Monte Carlo Casino
50.64% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Monte Carlo Casino
Monte Carlo Casino Map
Monte Carlo Casino Trips
Monte Carlo Casino, Monaco Reviews
Good place if you want to go to a casino. There is a cool "card maze" that is cute for children. Lots to buy $$$ and many ways to lose your money. If you are the gambling type, come here to feel like royalty. Great picture spot for everyone. Right near stores and directly on the Monaco race track. A great pit stop for anyone.
Wasn't as big or grand as it was advertised. The Bellagio or the Venetian are way more impressive. If you're a history buff and enjoy the story behind this casino... Then this place is for you. Security is tight and welcomes tourists which is great. But you either have to be a high roller to enjoy it here OR a history buff.
This is such an elegant building, the fact i am not wealthy meant I only popped in for a wee, however if the toilets are anything to go by the place is amazing, there is a dress code and many of the people I was on the excursion with (P&O Cruises) weren't allowed in for the loo. I had what I would say were smart shorts on and I was almost ushered in, quite bizarre. Definitely worth a visit of an evening with a suit on. The only other funny thing was all the mega expensive cars filtering in the traffic with many of the locals old bangers 😆
Some staff are great, but most seem to hate their jobs and are rude. After we paid €40 to get into the casino, they checked our tickets and it felt very much like they were implying we didn't belong. Good cocktails. Pretty architectural features.
Unreal beautiful, neat, architectural designed place. Must see! It's Monte Carlo, Monaco! Square with Fontaines and very green park. Surrounded by variety of fancy name boutiques. Underground parking didn't even charge us because we park our car there less then an hour.... we visited Monaco few days before Royal Wedding- amazing clean and tidy streets.
All QuestionsMonte carlo casino
- Murrayville United Methodist Church
- Double L Quarter Horses
- Murrayville Baptist Church
- Murrayville United Methodist Parsonage
- Sandy Creek Baptist Assoc
- Murrayville House Of Prayer
- Little Egypt Woodmen Camp
- Faith Church Of God
- St Paul's Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
- Calvary Southern Baptist Church
- West Frankfort Bowl
- Depot Veterans Memorial & Coal Miner's Memorial
- Third Baptist Church
- Harmony Freewill Baptist Church
- Strawberry Meadows