Sitting at the Cafe de Paris at Casino Square you might catch glimpses of the latest supercars and luxury cars. But if you want to satiate the car enthusiast within you the Museum of Antique Automobiles is a must visit. Prince Rainier III, apart from having a penchant for beautiful actresses also had an interest in cars along with a prince’s fortune to build a very large collection of vintage cars. A total of 85 cars are housed in this museum, including the rare De Dion Bouton 1903, Renault 12, Torpedo 1911, PanhardLevassor 1913, Ford T 1924, Peugeot Quadrilette 1921 and many others including some of the more luxurious models from Jaguar, Rolls Royce, Maserati and Mercedes. One of them is the wedding car of Prince Rainier III and Grace Kelly. Car enthusiasts will love it and even non car enthusiasts will find the museum an enjoyable experience.
- The museum is located near the Museum of Stamps and Coins and a short distance from the Monte Carlo Casino and Monte Carlo Harbor.
- View some of the cars Prince Rainier III used in his day to day life and also the care he and Grace Kelly used for their wedding.
- A prince’s private car collection of 85 different antique and vintage cars.
- At the "Parking de Fontvieille"; direct access to the Terrasses de Fontvieille by lift and escalator.
- Adults: 6 Euros; Children (8-14 years): 3 Euros.
- Bus numbers 5 and 6 stop at the Centre Commercial Fontvieille
- Le Kiosque (Fast food, inexpensive, casual)
- Zenzen’s (Asian concept, inexpensive, casual)
- Alden’t (Italian, inexpensive, casual)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Monaco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Monaco and book an accommodation of your choice.
19.99% of people who visit Monaco include Museum Of Antique Automobiles in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
37.14% of people start their Museum Of Antique Automobiles visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Museum Of Antique Automobiles
91.77% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museum Of Antique Automobiles
Very good and professional staff makes this place a special. All i saw was amazing and very good. Very useful position of this building give you possibility very fast visit it on your way to job or to home. All persons of staff very kind and available for requests personally. I recommend this place for really interesting resting.
Amazing collection of new and old vehicles. The collection of F1 cars is great, showing cars from many seasons of racing. So many differnt cars from all over the world. A car lovers paradise. You will need a couple of hours to visit however you could easily spend longer here. The entry price is very reasonable, this is also a wonderful rainy day activity in Monaco.
Superb experience. Very professionally laid out car museum. It's a bit hard to find. Note, it is on the end of a shopping mall not truly visible from the street unless you know the area. You will definitely need to get direction prior to taking a trip to visit. Once you are there you wont regret it.
Are you a car nut? Do you like quirky collections of carriages from horse drawn to the latest aero F1 vehicles with a few Ferrari’s, Rolls Royce, European and US vehicles thrown into the mix? You have to visit this museum.
The best car collection in the world. I recommend everyone to visit here at least once.